Page 1 of 2
The Wildlands Conservancy (TWC)
Performs public contact and land stewardship activities, patrols the preserve, maintains and improves parks and picnic areas; performs construction and maintenance projects; maintains equipment, vehicles and water systems; promotes safety awareness among the public and staff.
The Wildlands Conservancy, please visit www.WildlandsConservancy.org for information.
Whitewater Preserve located 5 miles north of the 10 freeway between Palm Springs and Cabazon in Whitewater, CA.
Supervised by a Preserve Manager.
Patrols the Preserve, provides protection and security to the land and its resources; enforces TWC policies and land use rules.
Greets and assists walk-ins to ranger station and performs a variety of office-related tasks, including answering phones, taking camping reservations, answering visitors’ questions, etc.
Assists and performs maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, fences, campgrounds, restrooms, picnic areas and trails; water and irrigation systems; equipment (weed eaters, mowers, vehicles, generators, etc.). Performs janitorial work in office and restrooms.
Performs various woodworking duties including making signs.
Performs landscaping and grounds maintenance work; mowing, removing weeds, planting trees and bushes as directed, maintaining trees, bushes and flowers.
Assists in habitat restoration programs for riparian habitat and eradication of non-native and exotic plants (may include use of herbicides).
Operates and maintains equipment and vehicles in a safe manner. Follows proper safety standards, practices and procedures at all times.
Keeps all workshop areas clean and orderly.
Monitors and controls inventory of tools and equipment.
Inspects grounds for hazards, conducts security and safety checks on premises. Identifies and reports needed repairs or maintenance.
Reports and documents all accidents, injuries and emergencies.
Page 2 of 2
Perform various other duties relating to land stewardship as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology.
- TWC’s conservation mission and commitment to it.
- Grounds equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Water and irrigation system maintenance procedures.
- Basic principles of ecology, natural history and habitat restoration.
- Communicate effectively orally in English and Spanish.
- Read, understand and comply with written company policies, procedures and directives, including labels and instructions accompanying grounds maintenance equipment and products.
- Demonstrate good people and communication skills, work cooperatively with others, and effectively deal with difficult behavior or confrontational situations.
- Understand and carry out environmental protection and conservation policies related to job duties.
- Perform strenuous work outdoors in all weather conditions. Competently and safely operate a 4x4 vehicle on extreme road conditions.
- Skillfully perform janitorial, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, and mechanical maintenance and equipment repair duties.
- Perform all landscape maintenance tasks including operate weed eaters and mowers; weed, rake, shovel, dig; install and maintain irrigation systems.
$16.00 per hour, plus benefits
HOW TO APPLY
- Health Insurance - $300-$1000/mo. towards health insurance premiums for TWC sponsored medical plans based on years of service.
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Account – For payment of medical & dependent care expenses on a pretax basis.
- 401(k) Plan - TWC matches employee contributions up to 3%.
- Paid Time Off –128 hours per year with increases each year up to a total of 224 hours per year.
- Holidays – 72 hours per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- E-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Salary: $16.00 per hour, plus benefits. Date posted: 03/05/2013
- 2 years ago - save job