Function Manager - Houston Distribution Center (Job Number: 011761) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for managing assigned function area, which includes daily productivity/output by monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); staff specific functions within assigned function area based on daily distribution center volume and KPI information. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of inventory/merchandise movement by monitoring SIMS/AS-400 system applications.
- Supervise a group of Team Members in a designated department in the Distribution Center. Monitors team member’s productivity and quality.
- Trains team members in their assignments. Facilitates team member professional development by conducting on-the-job training, performance appraisals, and needs assessments. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Conducts MBWA (Management by Walking Around) to ensure team member safety, address team member concerns, communicate essential information, and to enforce distribution center policy guidelines.
- Builds and cultivates team member morale, motivation, and loyalty by encouraging participation in distribution center activities and special events.
- Develops, reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement within their function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within their area’s responsibility.
- Measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above required levels. Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPI’s under their responsibility.
- Manages department: budget, hours worked and assignments of work. Daily manages staffing needs for designated department: vacations, monitors turnover and volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Utilizes and updates system computer applications for proper operation and reports.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, directs, coordinates, and controls the activities, plans, and programs of the immediate staff, enforces company policies and procedures. Implements Safety Programs.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a lead position (in a distribution or production environment), OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience in the Walgreens’ DC Function Manager in Rotation program
- At least 1 year of experience assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets)
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions)
- Willing to work rotating shifts
- Experience coaching, mentoring and training others
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree
- Experience working with SPC tracking, AS400, Sort View, or ISS.
- At least 2 years of experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
- At least 1 year of experience analyzing operational reports.
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in manufacturing or logistics environment.
Walgreens - 20 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...