Be part of the King County team! The central Procurement and Contracting Services Section (PCSS) staff within the Finance and Business Operations Division is responsible for procuring materials, supplies, equipment, and services in support of King County’s operational needs.
We are recruiting for a Functional Analyst II to serve as a functional technical expert in the Oracle Purchasing Module including the iProcurement and iExpense modules. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong sense of team-oriented and embrace the importance of providing outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
We are looking for candidates who aren’t afraid to bring creative ideas and suggestions to the workplace and have a keen ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with their customers and co-workers.
We are offering candidates the opportunity to work for an organization that procures virtually every product and service through multi-million dollar contracts. We strive for continuous improvements for ourselves and our customers with work-life benefits that are nearly unmatched in the private sector.
This recruitment is open to all qualified King County career service employees and the public.
If you any questions about this recruitment please contact Tricia Morrison , HR Analyst, at (206) 263-1195 or Tricia.Morrison@kingcounty.gov .
- Serve as a FBOD functional technical expert in Oracle Purchasing Module including iProcurement and iExpense modules. Maintain integrity of master data sets. Design and develop customized reports and queries. Perform as lead, in the absence of the Functional Analyst Team Lead.
- Gather, define, map, refine, and translate complex system requirements into functional specifications. Document findings and specifications, design system interfaces, and develop system integration test plans. Define, analyze, and create standardized business processes.
- Oversee and train others in the routine maintenance of the Item and Supplier Record Entry (modules, tables, queries and reports). Provide reports on trends and utilization of systems. Propose, develop and implement policies and procedures for training to ensure the integrity of the Master Data sets. Propose, implement and develop efficiencies and business process improvements for this area of work.
- Analyze and test proposed Oracle EBS systems interfaces, enhancements, and upgrades prior to implementation. Investigate, troubleshoot and document complex functional system problems.
- Create business process documentation and create system functionality demonstrations. Document and work to resolve functional gaps identified during these demonstrations.
- Analyze needs and develop specifications for the development of new or redesign, enhancement or upgrade of system reports; working closely with developers, users, sponsors and application system staff as needed.
- Translate impacts on procurement to payment business processes when proposing or making any technical changes to the purchasing and payments system modules to varying audiences to achieve understanding both before and after implementation to achieve maximum performance from both human and technical resources.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
Necessary Technical Skill-Set and Experience:
- Experience in independent functional and analytical support with automated financial/accounting systems in the area of Procurement.
- Experience writing, performing, and analyzing the results of routine reports or queries; documenting results.
- Understanding of procurement organizational business practices, work flow analysis, and process re-engineering.
- Working knowledge of automated systems testing procedures, data conversion analysis, transaction processing, and troubleshooting applications.
- Initiative and accountability for work product.
- Excellent reading comprehension, reasoning, presentation, and written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service and end user support.
- Proficient daily use of personal computers with advanced-level skills in Microsoft Excel, and intermediate-level skills in Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, and ability to meet deadlines.
Core Competencies and Characteristics:
- Effectively convey difficult to understand information,
- Use analysis to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, and be able to identify problems that may not be initially obvious,
- Take initiative to complete necessary tasks or improvements and meet deadlines, and hold yourself accountable for producing timely, high quality work product,
- Work in a sometimes high pressure environment, under tight deadlines, while maintaining composure,
- Exhibit strong customer service skills, and the willingness and ability to troubleshoot problems as they arise, and
- Establish and maintain working relationships with a wide variety of work-groups, including customers and peers, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Three years of experience in independent functional and analytical support with automated financial/accounting systems in the area of Procurement.
- Experience using Oracle EBS.
- Experience working with public procurement to payment business processes.
- Bachelor's Degree.
To be considered during this recruitment you must provide us with a King County application form (paper or electronic) and responses to the supplemental questionnaire. An incomplete or partially completed application will be rejected. These materials are due by the closing date on this announcement.
We highly recommend that you also provide a resume and a letter of interest.
Other Position Information:
This position is not represented.
This position is overtime-eligible. Employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our Review Process:
Those packets that are complete will be reviewed to confirm that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position.
Your materials must provide us detail on your background and describe clearly how you meet or exceed the requirements listed in this job announcement. If your answers to the supplemental questions cannot be validated using the materials you provided, you will not proceed to the next steps of the selection process.
Applicants that are minimally qualified will be further reviewed for competitive quality. Those applicants that possess the most competitive background in directly related experience, knowledge, and training will be scheduled for a first round interview, testing and on-line reference checking. The highest ranking candidates from this interview may be contacted for a follow-up interview.
King County - 30+ days ago
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....