This position is required to ensure the successful delivery of the SAP platform in the assigned region.
The Functional Analyst works as part of the SAP Delivery team ensuring a successfully implementation of the Vantage system to the operating businesses. The consultant is expected to work on all aspects of the deployment from the workshop information gathering phase through to Post Go Live support.
It is the Functional Analyst’s responsibility to work closely with the agency Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to gain a full understanding of agency business processes and then evaluate them against the SAP template, highlighting any gaps to Project Management for review and resolution. Also to fully test the SAP template set up for that specific agency and involve the SME’s where applicable to ratify that the solution meets the agencies business needs or that the business is able to adapt to work within the confines of the template.
The Functional Analyst will also assist the SAP training team with the end user training and provide post Go Live support through to and including the first month end.
SAP Template Changes & Enhancements
The Functional Analysis team for SAP is divided into areas represented by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), allowing an individual to concentrate business analysis efforts on a portion of the project rather than the entire scope (Master Data, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Job Management, Timesheets, Purchasing, Billing, Studio, Revenue Recognition). SMEs serve as a liaison between the IPG Agencies and the SAP development team with responsibilities for:
- Contribution to development of the overall SAP IPG template by gathering and analyzing business requirements by:
- Creating use cases, requirements, process flows to be leveraged by development teams and Delivery teams
- Participate in the creation of the functional spec documents in conjunction with the development team
- Negotiating requirement trade-offs that keep project schedule on track while still meeting business objectives
- Help determining highest priority requirements for the team and manage change to those priorities/requirements
- Taking a leading role in resolution of escalated support tickets, and advocate for enhancements in subsequent product releases as necessary
- Implementing and controlling the relevant portion of the IPG template to meet global and local legal/business requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley by establishing, documenting, & communicating common/uniform business and system procedures
- Working with the SAP Development Team to provide new or custom technical solutions and assisting with testing new or changed items. Documenting business scenarios and creating scripts to test recommended use of SAP transactions in relation to accounting and capturing costs for IPG’s agencies activities in the area of responsibilities
- Testing enhancements either through scheduled integration testing (via standard scripts) or on an ad-hoc basis for break-fix items, ensuring an adequate level of regression testing is performed
- Participating in the deployment of the SAP enhancements and break-fix items to existing agencies using the system, including providing hands-on training where required
To be effective in their assigned area, or in supporting another area, the BA’s must understand the business process around the area they are enhancing. This business process may relate to both advertising and non-advertising marketing businesses within IPG, and the BA must be able to consider the impact of the change on all areas of the business. BAs must be able to analyze many sets of requirements and consolidate to one process, or determine workarounds for gaps between the requirement and the solution. BAs need the ability to grasp how a technical requirement will affect the processes within their area, as well as affecting points of integration.
This person should be able to work with the SAP development team to understand a proposed system solution and determine if it meets the needs of the business requirement efficiently. The SME position requires a versatile person that can be both technical and process oriented to be able to work with the technical team as well as explaining technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
The Functional Analyst will be expected to participate in the deployment of the SAP template to IPG agencies. The deployment projects are managed by the deployment team, but the BA team plays a critical role during the deployment cycles, as the deployment team involvement is considered temporary, while the BA team assume ongoing responsibilities after the deployment team has completed their responsibilities. Specific responsibilities during template deployments include:
- Participation and presentation in agency deployment workshops
- Mapping of existing business processes to SAP template process and identifying change management issues
- Validation of org structure requests and any system gaps identified
- Post go-live support
A key part of the Functional Analyst role is the ongoing relationship management with the agencies. This includes:
- Continuous review with key agency personnel to ensure system and process adoption is occurring, and resolving any issues
- Conducting status meetings on open escalated support tickets and development items
- Formal follow-up with agencies once post go-live support phase of template deployments is complete
- Assisting SAP Help Desk with SAP support issues once implementation is complete, as well as providing ongoing support for the existing client base as required.
Measurable Impact on the Organization:
- Building relationships with people in multiple parts of the organization and at multiple levels within those Business units.
The Vantage platform has an impact on an agency’s business process efficiencies. Employee utilization of system tools contributes to the overall operating budget and office functionality. In order for the platform to be utilized to derive the maximum value, the successful deployment into the business units is critical. This position is a key piece in ensuring that the appropriate process procedures and people are in place in order to meet both the business and project goals, as well as ensuring appropriate use of the deployment resources
Reporting to the Manager of Functional delivery, with direct contact to Vantage Delivery Site Project Manager and Delivery Wave Project Manager as applicable. The majority of their contacts will be agency SME’s and all Levels of agency management.and OMS or FMS Implementers on the IPG PD team
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have successfully completed 1-3 full system deployments
- Minimum of 5 years Data Conversion experience working with SAP or other ERP systems in either a Business analysis or technical role.
- Exposure to an advertising or professional services environment is desirable
- Highly desktop computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be proactive, work well in a team situation, be concerned with customer satisfaction, and be a problem solver.
- Analytic capabilities
- Understanding of advertising or related professional services Business with in depth experience in at least one area.
- Relationship Management and Client Negotiation
- SAP or other ERP experience in relevant module
- Listening, Oral and written communication skills
- Time management
- Teamwork skills
- Detail oriented, follow up
- Advertising agency operations
- General SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,viso
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Coaching / Mentoring
- Project Managemtn skills
Information Security Responsibilities:
Interpublic Group - 2 years ago