The FAS directs, trains, assists, and supervises staff in performing applicable support function such as mail operations, file operations, data entry, adjudication, and FDNS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- Is a working supervisor, responsible for producing assigned work.
- Responsible for ensuring that work performed in his/her functional area is performed to optimum quality standards and provides procedures and retraining to employees in the section.
- Ensures timely delivery of all deliverables as they relate to that functional area.
- Tracks the progress of all activities in his/her functional area and reports the status to the contract Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager, or Regional Manager as appropriate.
- Reviews and approves the daily production report of each clerk assigned, paying particular attention to their achievement of performance standards on a daily basis.
- Ensures that the SOP for his/her area of responsibility is used, understood, and kept up to date.
- Conducts frequent internal quality audits.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- External candidates must have at least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience.
- Internal candidates cannot have any verbal or written warnings within the last 3 months, possess a professional demeanor and must be recommended by their current supervisor. One (1) year of previous supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must qualify for an EOD security clearance and a DSS Secret Clearance.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer skills required: MS Office.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals.
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality
at all times.
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications.
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Functional Area Supervisor must be able to push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard