Become a Part of the Nike Team
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
If you're the one for this role, you'll be joining the NIKE Technology organization. NIKE Technology brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer- and customer-oriented team. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer value, and drive profitable business growth.
Your Role on the Team
As our Functional Manager for Global Operations Support Services, you'll play a critical role in the Direct to Consumer organization. You'll lead the team responsible for defining Global cutting edge infrastructure and services capabilities that will enable Nike's next generation Retail experience to come to life in our Brick and Mortar stores. You will specifically focus on opportunities in the Digital, Brand, Sport and Mobile POS arena to ensure that Nike's retail technical solutions enable robust growth plans in an efficient, scalable and sustainable manner. Here's what you'd be responsible for:
- Building and leading a team of high performing individuals who create solutions to meet current and future needs for Nike Direct to Consumer
- Providing technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities, ensuring that technology choices and tradeoffs anticipate future needs while efficiently satisfying short term market requirements
- Performing as an expert in the software development life cycle and all associated systems including integration methodology, business processes, process re-engineering and process improvement
- Helping Nike create a strategic advantage by understanding business strategies, objectives, and processes and connecting these to sources of technology innovation and standardization of global support services. You'll lead the assessment and selection of hardware and services designed to meet the technology vision and evangelize it within the organization using your expertise and influence
- Being a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability
- Defining and cultivating strategic technology partnerships including determining how to effectively leverage 3rd party solutions today and in the future
- Partnering with Nike enterprise infrastructure and services in the creation of Direct to Consumer infrastructure roadmaps
Qualifications What We're Looking For
To make it clear, we're not looking for just anyone. We're looking for someone special, someone who had these experiences and clearly demonstrated these skills:
To be considered, you'll bring the following technical skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field
- 5-7 years of experience in IT, business or a related field
- 3 years enterprise experience conceptualizing and creating key capabilities
- 5 years experience managing others ideally managing large cross functional projects.
- Expert-level understanding of business process re-engineering or process improvement
- Ability to develop or improve strategic processes
- Proven track record of delivering results in the retail space (Brick and Mortar/eCommerce)
- Proven ability to think strategically, and to communicate the strategy to a large organization.
- Proven ability to turn strategy into reality through superior execution
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage outside service vendors
- Advanced level desktop, mobile, and remote support knowledge for a MacOS and IOS environment. This experience should include administration of the following: Windows Server (2000, 2003), Active Directory, SMS, SQL, and other third party software and tools (Nanonation, Casper, Mobile Device Management)
- Advanced understanding and experience with enterprise network and internet infrastructure and Topology (WAN, LAN, PCI, Cisco, Ethernet, Wireless, Telephony, etc) including consumer facing wireless and Nike employee wireless devices
- Advanced application and infrastructure understanding of Apple MacOS/IOS devices, software, administration, and support including interaction with specialized applications (e.g. NikeID) and devices (e.g. printers, cutters)
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile issues or complete critical path projects.
- Capability to develop technology professionals with high expectations, a collaborative style and a focus on continuous improvement, quality and planning
- Strong skills in team leadership, building positive customer relationships, and forging partnerships with suppliers
- Proven ability to develop well-crafted, relevant and quality documentation of design decisions for application development teams or product implementation teams to execute
- Proficiency in creating well-formulated models of the components of the solution, augmenting the models as necessary to fit all of the circumstances and showing multiple views through models to communicate the ideas effectively
- Experience in global or multi-branded environments desirable
- Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of success in fast-moving organizations with complex technology applications
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation
- Several years of successful hands-on technical implementation activities involving architecture, development, and systems integration with enterprise class software products in a retail environment
- 4 years of retail IT experience
- 3 years of experience with mobile technologies and Omni-channel retail (preferred)
- Ability to work effectively across a wide range of functions, teams and levels of management
- Ability to partner with and influence key stakeholders and technologists
- Experience in Lean process improvement efforts
To ensure that we continue to hire competent, ethical and trustworthy individuals, all candidates must successfully complete a thorough background investigation prior to receiving any offer of employment from Nike.
Have we piqued your interest? Good, then a generous benefits package will only sweeten the deal. We offer a stock purchase plan, 401(k), a casual work environment, and a host of other perks we don't have room to mention here.
As soon as you post your resume, our technical recruiter will be immediately notified. We're interested in learning more about you and appreciate you taking the time to apply online.
Nike is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE/M/F/H/V
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....