The Functional lead is responsible for in-house product development as it relates to the execution of business requirements for a large scale, multi-office deployment of Dynamics AX. The candidate should be someone who has a mix of hands on experience on business applications implementation and strategic business acumen. The role requires both broad and deep professional services industry knowledge and have excellent analytical skills toward the art of turning challenging business requirements into a reality by mapping common customer business problems and processes such as project management, project accounting, resource management, reporting and billing, to reusable end-to-end business application solutions. Should have experience implementing Dynamics AX as a functional consultant with hands on experience in the areas of configuring , designing, testing the solution. Has experience with data migration design and be able to write SQL data migration scripts. Have a working knowledge of supporting technologies (i.e. X++, SSRS, SSAS and ASP). This person will also act as the primary subject matter for all functional related aspects (non-infrastructure) of the application and interface regularly with business owners, management and other technical staff. The ideal candidate will also oversee the selection of ISVs and successful integration of code being introduced by external partners.
Demonstrated ability to engage in executive and senior level business decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end to end information technology, security, and business processes is also a must.
- Assist customers in designing, planning, testing and deploying solutions including the following:
- Work with external consultants and be able to suggest alternative solution with a leading focus on ensuring standard AX configuration where possible
- Act as the functional lead for all solution design decisions and validate that any customization are the deliveries sourced from external deployment partners including the review/audit of code, day to day communications with partners code promotion and overall coordination of technical activities
- Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies (knowledge of Microsoft SureStep is a plus)
- Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the "roll up the sleeves" level of actually doing all phases of an application delivery project
- Validate configurations and test customizations.
- Create, manage and execute data migrations
- Work with organization's end users (including management) to develop technical designs and execute code within a controlled (i.e. Sarbanes Oxley) environment
- Act as the first line support for all solution issues related to the application
- Work with various members of the team to assist in the administration of the AX application.
- Act as the SME for all technical related activities of the application while working with various infrastructure teams during upgrades, code deployments and technical support
- B.S. degree in technical discipline.
- At least 3 years' expertise as functional lead in Axapta/Dynamics AX
- Excellent verbal and communications skills with proven track record in working with multiple groups within the software ecosystem
- Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel
- Have a good technical/architectural overview of Client-Server Application Development, Dynamics AX, SSRS, SSAS, X++ and SQL environment.
- At least 3 years' experience successfully deploying Microsoft Dynamics AX in a structured environment utilizing formalized testing/deployment frameworks
- Experience with C#/.Net in an enterprise environment a plus
- Problem solving, analytical and communication abilities.
- Basic Understanding of Accounting and Finance
Omnicom Media Group - 22 months ago
While it might not be omnipotent, Omnicom Group can create advertising that is omnipresent. The company ranks as the world's #1...