The Fund Accountant is part of our Back Office, which is built on accounting services. Predominantly, you will deliver Net Asset Value statements, profit and loss allocation and fee calculation services. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who are looking to develop their accounting skill set in a financial services setting. A fundamental understanding of basic and complex financial instruments is required. The ability to follow processes, meet tight deadlines and communicate effectively will be crucial to your success in this role.
• Preparation of financial reports and profit allocations statements, including “net asset value”, to meet client deadlines.
• Financial control of activity in fund, covering corporate actions, income and expenses, fees, capital transfers and performance.
• Liaise with fund auditors for interim and year-end audits, with potential involvement in the year-end financials in accordance with the accounting principles of the fund (i.e., US GAAP, IFRS)
• Participate in new fund launches, conversions and fund migrations from other offices.
• Actively work with clients and colleagues to respond to requests, resolve issues and seek to add value to Citco’s offering.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
• Numerate, motivated, bright and diligent with an accounting/finance education or background
• A team player who is able to handle individual responsibilities
• Excellent communication skills and sound judgment
• Outstanding analysis and problem solving abilities
• Knowledge and understanding of financial instruments and investment strategies
• Organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
• Excellent proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
• Work experience in the financial area or public accounting is an advantage
We offer you:
• Training that prepares you for a career in financial services
• Tuition reimbursement for relevant designations
• A work hard, play hard culture
• 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
• 3 weeks vacation
• Gym membership reimbursement
Citco - 2 years ago