The Fund Accountant I performs the functions as needed for the accurate and timely calculation of the Net Asset Value (NAV) for assigned funds of Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC. This position must also meet all standards for fund accounting including cash reconciliation, NAV reporting, and maintaining a 99.8% or better departmental efficiency rate for NASDAQ reporting.
· Day to day accounting functions for assigned mutual funds
· Update and monitor daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds
· Preparation and reconciliation of daily trial balances for assigned funds
· Reconciliation of fund records to custodian, transfer agent and portfolio groups
· Preparation of daily and monthly reconciliations, and periodic auditor requests
· Assist with coverage of other funds and projects as needed
· Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Effective problem solving skills
· Careful attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
· Ability to reach goals and deadlines
· Ability to identify and effectively communicate issues affecting assigned funds
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines without sacrificing quality
· Organizational skills
· Deadline and detail oriented
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or business
· Minimum of six credits in accounting required
· Prior mutual fund accounting experience a plus
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC
- 3 years ago - save job
NorthStar exists to innovate and develop products and services, to strengthen our partners, and provide tools and resources to empower...