The Fund Accountant I is responsible for the accurate and timely calculation of the Net Asset Value (NAV) for assigned funds of Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC. This position meets all standards for fund accounting including cash reconciliation and NAV reporting, and maintains a 99.8% or better departmental efficiency rate for NASDAQ reporting.
• Performs daily accounting functions for assigned mutual funds to include calculating and delivering net asset values for various investment products, including mutual funds and ETFs.
• Updates and monitors daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds to ensure accuracy of daily NAV calculation.
• Ensures all fund transactions are properly posted to accounting system.
• Applies accounting and finance principals to numerous asset types.
• Provides fund advisors with forecasted available cash for fund every morning in a quick and accurate manner.
• Reconciles fund records to custodian, transfer agent and portfolio groups on a daily basis.
• Prepares monthly reconciliations, and periodic auditor requests.
• Prepares and reconciles daily trial balances for assigned funds.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with fund advisors regarding trades with occasional additional contact to reconcile trade or pricing issues
• Ability to learn accounting and financial principals for numerous investment vehicles
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving and analytical skills
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or related field required
• Minimum of six credits in accounting required
• Prior accounting or finance experience and/or relevant experience within the financial services industry is a plus
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard