SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Under immediate supervision, calculates and analyzes all financial data relating to an assigned group of mutual funds. This includes the reconciliation and preparation of various workpapers and financial reports.
1. Calculates daily net asset values for the mutual funds (including multiple classes) and distribution rates. Transmits this information to the NASDAQ when necessary. Analyzes all factors which may impact the net asset values (“NAV”) and communicates this information as appropriate.
2. Maintains the funds’ books and records. This includes reconciling all general ledger accounts. Works to resolve issues relating to the funds with the appropriate parties.
3. Prepares workpapers and related schedules for annual and semi-annual shareholder reports and annual audits in accordance with SEC and GAAP requirements. Works with the outside auditors in answering Fund questions.
4. Calculates the funds’ monthly SEC yields including analysis of changes from previous month.
5. Assists in special projects for Fund Accounting as assigned.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required.
SKILLS: Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a variety of individuals are required. Must have a fundamental understanding of accounting and financial principles as it applies to daily pricing, monthly reconciliation, and financial reporting. Must have the ability to develop a complete knowledge of multiple class accounting, and knowledge of a variety of investment vehicles that can include, but are not limited to, options, futures, swaps, currency contracts, bonds, mortgage-backed securities, and equities for both domestic and foreign investments. Must have a thorough understanding of internal control procedures, particularly in the areas of impacts to the NAV calculation and financial reporting. Must have analytical skills to solve fundamental accounting issues and have the ability to review detailed financial data.. Must have the ability to organize work and multi-task on projects/fund assignments efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines Must be able to utilize computer equipment and software, specifically spreadsheet applications and mutual fund accounting systems. The ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
Invesco - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...