Current Janus employees - please apply through My Janus
Fund Accounting Manager
- If you are a returning applicant, please log-in to your account in thePrevious Applicantssection below. This will allow you to review your current application information & resume and make any necessary updates before applying for a job posting. You will not have the ability to update this information or attach an updated resume once you've applied for a job posting. *
Location: US - Denver, CO
Last updated: 3/27/12 10:23 AM
The Manager is responsible for providing leadership, overall management and direction to the Fund Accounting departmental operations and staff to ensure client needs are met or exceeded. Plans and monitors all accounting and financial reporting activities including the accurate and timely balancing and pricing of all funds. Develops, implements, and ensures the effectiveness of all departmental policies, processes and systems.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Assumes additional duties as requested or assigned.
- Provides management and direction of Fund Accounting departmental operations and staff.
- Plans and oversees all aspects of fund accounting activities including Net Asset Value calculations and financial reporting to ensure the overall accuracy and timeliness of information coming from the department.
- Monitoring of cash and holdings exceptions between the accounting system and the custodians; resolve differences
- Monitoring of income activity; resolving past due items
- Develops, implements, and maintains departmental systems, policies and procedures, and internal work standards in an effort to enhance efficiency.
- Makes decisions regarding employment, performance appraisals, training and development, disciplinary actions, and salary adjustments.
- Provides overall financial management and control for all funds ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations, as well as industry standards.
- Ensures the timely delivery of accurate, analyzed financial information to all necessary parties
- Manages all aspects of departmental projects.
- Communication with service providers both internal and external to ensure service levels standards are met
- Facilitate testing around system enhancements and upgrades
- Facilitate product changes for the Fund Accounting department such as fund launches, share class launches, fund mergers
- Represent the Fund Accounting for other key areas (both internal and external), such as custodians, transfer agent, product development, compliance, audit firms
- Ensure department quality and efficiency levels are maintained or increased as measured by internal operating metrics
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages exempt and non-exempt staff either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Plans, allocates, monitors work and makes decisions regarding employment, performance appraisal, training, salary adjustments and related personnel actions.QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Thorough knowledge of mutual fund accounting
- Detailed understanding of how Fund Accounting interfaces with other internal departments, including downstream information flow and impacts
- Advanced knowledge of mutual fund industry
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and portfolio/fund accounting systems
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally
- Ability to deliver process improvements to maintain or increase quality and efficiency
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Five years mutual fund accounting experience required
- Three years management experience preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
- Advanced degree or MBA or CPA preferred
- Overtime may be required on short notice and may include evening, weekend, holiday hours
- Typical office environment with PC, telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, portfolio/fund accounting systems
To understand who Janus is, it’s important to know who we are not. Janus is not your typical investment management firm. Our people are different, our process is different and our perspective is different. What really sets us apart from the crowd is our research. Since 1969, we’ve engaged in hands-on, fundamental research, consistently going above and beyond to uncover what we believe are the world’s best investments. Simply put, we go farther so that our investors can go farther.
So, who is Janus? We are an investment management firm with the trust and respect of more than four million shareholders, clients and institutions around the globe. We are the manager of $148 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2011. Janus is the 16th largest mutual fund complex in the U.S. with more than 4 million mutual fund investors. We are a recognized leader of growth and risk-managed investment strategies. And we are singularly focused on delivering strong, consistent investment performance to our investors.
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position.
Janus/INTECH is an EOE / Affirmative Action employer
Must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements.
Janus Capital Group - 13 months ago
Named after the Roman god with two faces, Janus Capital Group provides investment management and advisory services for institutional and ind...