The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
SolarCity is seeking a Financial Leader and active CPA with accounting-operations experience in technology, financial services, manufacturing/distribution and/or consumer goods organizations. Someone who has devised and executed business strategies that resulted in process improvements, profit improvement and streamlined operations in any environment from start up to Fortune 500 corporations. The ideal person has SOX compliance experience and developed accounting business practices that foster accurate and efficient results.
• Manage the close calendar
• Oversee monthly close process
• Present monthly and quarterly asset performance reports to Executive(s).
• Assist Fund Controller with group and departmental planning
• Consolidation – Manage Corporate Requirements as routine element of Monthly Close, and to the extent appropriate, complete the month-end consolidations
• Communications with management and other departments:
o Organizational Alignment
• Participate in Contract Review (generally terms and conditions) with Fund Controller and other Managers
• Work with Fund Controller to facilitate the coordination of functional groups (Stakeholders and Beneficiaries) throughout SolarCity
• Manage Investor Capital Calls and Cash Distributions
o Plan (anticipate, calendar, track and improve process)
o Coordinate with Structured Finance and AMG
• Work with supervisor and staff on tranche coordination with Structured Finance and Asset Management Group
• Work with Fund Controller and peer Managers in assigning new funds to staff
• Coordinate and manage Fund Audits, Auditor PBC Requests and Audited Fund Financial Statements
• Respond to investor inquiries and prospective investor requests as a planned communication and response
• Monitor and provide periodic compliance reporting to fund partners (see coordination with Structured Finance and AMG)
• Cash Management (Wire-Transfers, ACH, etc.)
• Work with Fund Controller to identify, sponsor, manage and facilitate process Improvements, as required, and solicit support throughout Fund Accounting and across SolarCity functional groups
• Staff and personal development
• 5-7 years of practical experience (industry not relevant)
• Partnership Accounting experience is a big plus
• Fund Accounting experience is a big plus
• Supervisory experience required
• Hands on, strategic thinker
• SOX Compliance a plus—implementation, facilitation, design
• Good communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power and energy efficiency
• Great people committed to making the world a better place
• Full benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance
• 401k plan and stock options
• Career path opportunities for top performers
• Holiday Parties, Earth Team community group, discount gym membership, and more!
SolarCity - 19 months ago
SolarCity Delivers Better Energy
SolarCity is a national leader in clean energy services. We make clean energy available to homeowners,...