Primary Function: Develop materials and implement processes involved in corporate and foundation relations such as prospecting new potential partners, maintaining existing relationships, and significantly increasing current partnerships. This position works in conjunction with the CEO in setting and achieving annual agency revenue goals in the areas of fundraising events, individual and corporate donations and passive fundraising.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer; works closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager, and Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada’s mission and values to the public, donors, and key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a written fund development plan; set and achieve multi-year and annual revenue goals; oversee and monitor progress.
- Personally manage a portfolio of 100-200 prospective donors; make 10-15 visits per month; develop and implement written strategies based on capacity and readiness to give; determine how prospects will be solicited for their annual fund gift.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications Manager to plan and execute agency fundraising events.
- Contribute to attaining financial support by increasing corporate support/sponsorship of agency’s fundraising activities and building the agency’s base of support through various marketing and public relations campaigns.
- In conjunction with the CEO and Fund Development Manager, provide input on special event collateral that focuses awareness of agency activities, engages community support and generates revenue.
- Work in partnership with Program Manager to understand program needs; secures funding to support programming.
- Write or review grants to be submitted to private foundations, corporations, and federal agencies.
- Working with the agency’s Senior Accountant and Program Manager, track and monitor grant expenditure.
- Write or review grant reports.
- Develop, supervise and participate in donor stewardship, donor management system, and prospect research.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with agency staff, board members, volunteers, parents, media contacts, consultants, vendors and other not for profit organizations in an ongoing effort to establish and develop professional links within the community.
- Bachelor degree or four years of professional experience in fundraising or nonprofit management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project managements, administrative and organizational skills, including supervision of employees, vendors, suppliers, volunteers or consultants.
- Proficient use of computer and database experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize time for optimal results.
- Knowledge and passion for the mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada believes that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big...