Reporting to the Managing Director, Fundamentals, the Fundamentals Manager will have direct responsibility for providing North American natural gas traders with accurate price-directional, trade actionable natural gas market fundamentals. Responsibilities include:
- Effectively coordinate efforts of subordinates and other stakeholders in, the design & development of new, and improvement of existing, natural gas market models/frameworks that automatically retrieve, organize, store, analyze and present fundamentals data impacting natural gas prices, with emphasis on improving presentation and delivery.
- Assess and concisely communicate the implications of shifting regional natural gas supply & demand on time and location price spreads; contribute actively to tactical/seasonal discussions of trade opportunities suggested by such shifts.
- Effectively make price‑directional, trade‑actionable predictions of weekly US gas storage injections/withdrawals and seasonal inventory expectations.
- Identify new sources of information as well as evaluate and integrate those new sources into the aforementioned models/frameworks.
- Improve dynamic natural gas market forecasting methodologies and procedures as energy markets and transaction structures evolve; ensuring that regional market studies reflect a consistent aggregate view of market fundamentals, trends and issues.
- Assist the Managing Director, Fundamentals with the responsibility for developing products to present data and model results in exceptionally concise trade-actionable formats, the market implications of which can be easily assimilated by energy market traders to impact their tactical intra‑day trading decisions.
- Assist the Managing Director, Fundamentals, in the responsibility to assess the impacts of strategic opportunities and proposed transactions on Iberdrola’s existing assets and trade positions.
- As needed, assume responsibility for counsel required by upper & executive management regarding the impact of major energy market drivers such as policy changes, economic forecasts, etc.
- Recruit, train, and mentor support staff.
- Supervise subordinate analyst(s) and other staff as needed/requested.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a commercial, or a direct commercial support role, in the natural gas trading, upstream or midstream industry.
- Expertise in regional gas market structures, transmission/distribution, and production.
- Expertise in practical application of statistics, regression analysis and forecasting methods.
- Expert proficiency with PC software including spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
- Proficiency in programming using VBA and SQL.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with ability to adapt communications as needed to vastly different audiences from detail-oriented traders to “big-picture”‑focused upper & executive management.
- Travel as needed for the position.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. Iberdrola Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Masters degree in economics, engineering, mathematics or other quantitative field.
- Experience in the energy or financial industry in a role directly supporting energy traders’ formulation of price‑directional trade tactics for US natural gas trading.
- Experience managing energy market analysts supporting energy‑market traders.
Iberdrola Renewables - 11 months ago
IBERDROLA Renewables (formerly PPM Energy) is a real power player in the energy industry. Part of IBERDROLA's global network,...