PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
Ensure the integrity of all donor and financial data critical to the execution of all External Relations fundraising streams. Support the efforts of the development team through a variety of responsibilities in individual giving, foundation and corporate giving, database management and on-going cultivation activities. Coordinate with Finance and assist in reconciliation and budgeting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the input and extraction of donation information into and from The Raisers Edge database;
- Assist with queries and reports from Raisers Edge including but not limited to: direct mail lists, mailing lists, financial reports, audit reports;
- Assist with data cleanup projects including table cleanup, merging duplicate records, etc;
- Instruct new users on the proper ways to utilize the Raisers Edge system and conduct bi-monthly trainings;
- Maintain user-friendly procedures manual for proper use of Raiser's Edge database;
- Monitor data entered into the system through weekly quality control reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create and maintain Raisers Edge records for all donors;
- Assist with monthly fundraising reports to help reconcile with the Finance department under the direction of the Director of Fundraising Operations;
- Carry out other fundraising operations tasks and assignments as directed by the Director of Fundraising Operations;
- Provide general support for all fundraising activities;
- Work with vendor to produce Direct Mail and Liberty Partner acknowledgements, tribute letters, and hand notes;
- Work with vendor to process matching gifts and returned mail;
- Assist with various tasks including but not limited to: Local Independent Charities, Major Donors, online giving, and direct mail.
- Bachelors degree;
- Strong knowledge of a relational database system, preferably Blackbauds Raisers Edge with emphasis on list management and file maintenance including building queries and reports within Raisers Edge;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent organizational skills. Must have keen attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills.
REPORTS TO: Director of Fundraising Operations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Food Bank for New York City - 6 months ago