: Under supervision, performs wood and upholstery repairs to damaged furniture in accordance with AVF’s quality standards. May perform repairs at guest’s location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Valid drivers license with proof of a good driving
- Pull furniture for repair in the shop.
- Evaluate each piece of furniture to determine the type of wood and/or upholstery repair and any parts that need to be ordered
or the repair to be completed.
- Request necessary parts needed for furniture to be repaired.
- Inspect replacement parts for damage and verify that part is correct.
- Make repairs on a variety of furniture that need wood and upholstery repairs.
- Locate and identify returned parts.
- Complete paperwork on company’s computer operating system after home furnishing is repaired. Paperwork includes guest
service requests, tags for the home furnishings, what was repaired on the product, when it was received and repaired, and
service repair job accounting including delivery prep debit memo request entry.
A minimum of three (3) months experience as Furniture Finisher; or equivalent experience in a furniture repair/upholstery environment.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use power and hand tools including but not limited to saws, drills, sanders, screwdrivers, wrenches, and hammers. Working knowledge of furniture construction including reclining mechanisms; surfacing, (sanding, filler and burn-ins); color, graining, blind stitching, gluing and clamping. Demonstrated ability in working with intricate and delicate repairs. Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily resolve guest’s problems/issues.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Art Van Furniture - 2 years ago
Art Van Furniture Inc. is the Midwest's largest furniture retailer and America's largest independent furniture retailer. The company...