We’re always seeking talented individuals who share our passion for providing a superior customer and banking experience and who fully appreciates the values that are important to our company. We thank you for exploring career opportunities with ESL in advance. We may not have a position that currently meets your interest and qualifications but welcome you to apply for future opportunities. Please use this requisition to submit your resume for future consideration with our company. Your resume will remain in our system for one year. A recruiter may contact you in the event a position becomes available that matches your qualifications. We also encourage you to view our openings on a regular basis to apply directly to a desired position that we currently have posted.
Departments at a Glance
To learn more about the possible career opportunities available, we have provided below a brief summary of the various departments who support our corporate initiative of providing a superior customer and employee experience.
The mission of the ESL Internal Audit Department (IA) is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the credit union’s operations. It helps the credit union accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Roles in this area include: varying types of Auditor positions.
The branch center is ESL’s largest department with staff comprising 19 branch locations, two district managers, and branch operations and analysis. Each branch location has a management structure including an Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager.
Roles in this area include: Teller, Member Service Representative, Financial Service Representative, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, District Manager, Branch Operations Manager, etc.
Opportunities are growing in this exciting new line of business at ESL, which focuses on helping businesses achieve their financial and business goals. The team seeks to establish long-term relationships with business members who will look to ESL as thier trusted financial adviser.
Roles in this area include: Relationship Manager, Loan Control Analyst, Credit Analyst, Sales Assistant, etc.
The Contact Center assists ESL members who have chosen phone or internet as their preferred method of contact. Tele-Bankers strive to be the primary point of contact when members call and need assistance. This includes being knowledgeable in all member service matters, from general account inquiries to opening new products, processing loan applications and making investment referrals. Internet Bankers handle all online member inquiries through "ESL Online Chat" as well as by answering any e-mails received through the ESL Web site.
Roles in this area include: Tele-Banker, Internet Banker, Contact Center Manager, Analysis Manager, etc.
The Customer Experience group is responsible for leading ESL’s efforts to operate from our customer’s perspective and ensure a superior customer experience within all aspects of its operations. The team develops the processes and procedures necessary to ensure that ESL operates from a customer centric point of view and for building and monitoring the company’s continually evolving customer centric capabilities.
Roles in this area include: Member Experience Administrator, Sales Process Administrator, etc.
ESL Investment Services, LLC (ISLLC)
ESL Investment Services LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of ESL Federal Credit Union. It offers investment products such as mutual funds and annuities to ESL members.
ISLLC Financial Consultants develop and maintain relationships with a growing number of clients. They assess each client’s personal investment objectives and risk tolerance. Based on this information, our Financial Consultants provide direction through appropriate solutions to best meet their clients' needs.
Roles in this area include: The President of Investment, Compliance Manager, Support Services Manager, Insurance Coordinator, Operations Specialist, Client Service Representatives, Sales Assistant, Wealth Manager, etc.
Finance & Administration
The Finance and Administration group is comprised of four key areas, including:
1. Building and Support Services ensures that systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and plumbing are functioning properly. In addition, the BASS team prepares rooms for group events, maintains furniture, locks and keys, and coordinates office moves.
2. Physical Security ensures that ESL locations and employees are safe. They provide 24/7 surveillance and response for our business locations and staff. This group also provides necessary security training to all front-line employees.
3. Accounting maintains the official books and records for ESL. They are also responsible for regulatory reporting to the NCUA. In addition to other common accounting practices, the Accounting department maintains the accounts payable ledgers for ESL and also ensures all bills are paid on time.
4. Finance and Treasury manages ESL’s investment portfolio. In addition, they manage the asset and liability mix of the company’s balance sheet. Retail product pricing is determined by the Finance and Treasury team, which has a direct impact on the front-line staff.
Roles in this area include: Building Facilities Coordinator, Security Center Operator, Financial Analyst, and Accounting Analyst, Treasury Analyst, etc.
Human Resources & Community Relations (HR&CR)
HR&CR is a team of talented individuals working to make ESL an even better place to work. Their Philosophy is that ESL's success is a direct result of the value generated by a talented workforce. There are five areas that make up the HR&CR team, each with distinct roles and responsibilites including Talent Management, Training & Performance, Rewards & Recognition, Employee Communications and Public Relations.
Roles in this area include: Payroll Administrator, Benefits Specialist, Trainer, Recruiter, Generalist, Employee Communications Specialist, Public Relations Manager, etc.
ESL’s Legal Department is responsible for managing the credit union’s legal affairs, compliance program, and relationships with the NCUA, governmental bodies and the credit union community. The members of the Legal Department work closely with the operations and business teams and are familiar with the products and services offered by ESL in order to facilitate compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Roles in this area include Associate General Counsel, Compliance Specialist, Compliance Manager, Insurance Contract Administrator, etc.
This group manages all member communications, which includes advertising, media, speeches and other activities. Marketing is also responsible for market research and ESL’s indirect lending relationship management.
Roles in this area include: Product Manager, Advertising & Communications Manager, Marketing Reporting Analyst, etc.
Operations comprise seven different operating units. While still working in conjunction with one another each of these units performs individual tasks that are integral to ESL’s day-to-day operations.
1. Deposit Operations ensures that ESL member and deposit account records are maintained accurately.
2. Loan Servicing accurately maintains all ESL loan account records.
3. Payment Operations ensures processes and reconciles member transactions.
4. Card and ATM Operations ensures all ATM, debit and credit card transactions.
5. Fraud Prevention and Investigation employs many advanced strategies to mitigate the losses ESL incurs due to fraudulent activity.
6. Member Services Support provides operational support to the front line through the Help Desk team.
7. Administrative Support Team provides administrative support to ESL in the most consistent and efficient manner possible.
Roles in this area include: Fraud Investigation Specialist, Deposit Support Specialist, Loan Servicing Clerk, Support Specialist, Internal Help Desk Representative, etc.
The Lending Center
The Lending Center consists of six functional areas, including:
1. Consumer Lending handles all consumer loans not secured by real estate.
2. Credit Risk Analysis is responsible for monitoring the overall performance of the loan portfolio and analyzing that performance against general industry trends.
3. Mortgage Closing is responsible for preparing all closing documents for mortgage loans used for the purchase or refinance of a residential property.
4. Real Estate Underwriting processes all loans secured by real estate, including mortgages for the purchase or refinance of a residential property, Home Equity lines of credit and Home Equity loans.
5. Loan Collections work with members to help bring their accounts and loans up-to-date.
6. Mortgage Originations assists members in meeting their home financing needs. Originators assess the member need and present/sell the ESL product and program solution that best meets the members’ needs.
Roles in this area include: Underwriter, Processor, Mortgage Closer, Mortgage Originator, Collections Representative, etc.
Systems & Technology consists of four separate areas, including:
1. Computer Operations is responsible for the day to day running of batch jobs and the care and maintenance of the servers running the core banking system.
2. Network Services is responsible for the hardware and software used by all ESL employees in addition to internet security.
3. Member Interface Technologies is responsible for providing technical support for all self-service electronic channels and internal web development efforts.
4. Systems Applications is responsible for providing programming and applications support for the core and ancillary systems.
Roles in this area include: Network Support Technician, Network Engineer, Information Security Analyst, Systems Analyst, etc.
ESL Federal Credit Union - 4 months ago
Simply put, ESL Federal Credit Union is one of the largest, most successful credit unions in the country. We boast very loyal members who fr...