Talisman Energy Inc., headquartered in Canada, is a global, diversified, upstream oil and gas company with three main operating areas: North America, the North Sea, and Southeast Asia. As a subsidiary, Talisman Energy USA Inc has oil and gas operations strategically located throughout New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Talisman and its subsidiaries are committed to the health, safety, and security of its employees, contractors, and communities; and works to ensure its operations are carried out safely, in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. Talisman Energy Inc. is included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (North America) and its Company shares trade on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges as TLM. Visit Talisman Energy USA Inc. on the Internet at www.talismanusa.com and Talisman Energy Inc. at www.talisman-energy.com .
Title: G & G Technologist
Req ID: 17961
Location : The Woodlands, United States
Employment Type: Permanent
Closing Date: April 24, 2013
Reporting to the Manager, Development Engineering and G&G, the G&G Technologist will be responsible for:
- Maintaining data on various projects that the geoscientists use on a daily basis by loading well locations, loading proposed, current and final deviation surveys, loading well logs, loading well markers, and loading 2D or 3D seismic.
- Updating and providing maps for the development team on an as-needed basis
- Providing logistics support to the geoscientists on daily operational activities on an as-needed basis
- Training new members to use applications used by the geoscientists
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in a related discipline. (e.g. Geological/Geophysical Technology and/or Geomatics) preferred.
- 5+ years technical expertise as a G&G Technologist in the oil & and gas industry
- Proficient in the following applications: ArcMap, ArcCatalog, Geoframe, Petrel, Geographix, Petra, and SMT
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with attention to detail, aesthetics and technical accuracy. Excellent reasoning, analytical, technical and research skills; able to communicate both orally and in writing with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team to meet project deadlines. Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to follow and implement quality control and quality assurance measures
- Only candidates who are legally permitted to work in USA will be considered.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.