"Serving Those Who Serve"
The Hale Koa Hotel's mission is to operate a first class hotel and recreation facility at affordable prices for military members and their families.
Serves as a Gardener in the Landscaping Department of the Hale Koa Hotel.
You can apply for this position using the following options (you must have a resume or use the NAF Optional Application http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a3433.pdf to apply):
1. Preferred - Apply electronically via USAJOBS - https://usajobs.gov/ . This will ensure faster processing of your application. You will also receive faster status updates. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
2. Fax your resume to (478)757-3144 . The following cover sheet must be included http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf for proper processing. NOTE: Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process. To complete the job related questions complete http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
- You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone!
You are highly encouraged to provide all supporting documentation as well as complete the job related questions.
Not Required RELOCATION AUTHORIZED
No KEY REQUIREMENTS
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Physical examination is required DUTIES: Back to top
Schedules and may be assisted by lower level employees in preparing planting areas; watering, fertilizing, planting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and trees. Maintains flowers and seeded areas to ensure attractive appearance. Determine quantities of plants and materials required for specific areas. Identifies and applies treatment for plant diseases, insects and related problems.
Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Back to top
Knowledge of plants and gardening procedures is required to determine proper conditions and methods for planting and cultivating (types and amount of fertilizer to use, amount of watering and space for growing space, etc). Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing seeds and plants at proper depths. Skill in operating hand and power tools and equipment (seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, and sprayers). Ability to recognize and treat for plant diseases, insects, and/or unusual or poor plant growth. Knowledge of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to read and follow directions in order to properly spray or dust with chemicals.
MUST RESIDE IN
LOCAL COMMUTING AREA TO BE CONSIDERED.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification check.
4. Successfully complete all required background checks.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
7. Must be able to work various hours of the day and week when required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria, and other credentials. BENEFITS: Back to top
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include employee benefits. For additional benefits information go to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...