The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
You can apply for this position using the following options (you must have a resume or use the NAF Optional Application http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureEdge/A3433.XFDL to apply):
1. Preferred - Apply electronically via USAJOBS - https://usajobs.gov . This will ensure faster processing of your application. You will also receive faster status updates.
Please upload all required documents. Uploaded documents will be processed through the system. You are encouraged to monitor your application status. *You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone for easy access and convenience!
2. Fax your resume (and supporting documentation) to (478)757-3144. The following link will take you to the cover sheet which must be included with the faxed resume or application http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf .
NOTE: Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process before they are available in the system for HR to view.
To complete the job related questions obtain the Form 1203FX by going to the following link http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf . This form must be faxed as a part of your application package for you to be considered for a job.
3. Mail or email your resume (or Optional NAF Application) to the point of contact listed on the vacancy announcement.
4. If you are in the area, you may drop off your resume in person to the servicing CPAC NAF Division.You are highly encouraged to provide all supporting documentation prior to closure of the vacancy announcement. This will speed up the process to consider you for the job if you meet the minimum qualification requirements.
IMPORTANT!: Applicants that chose option #3 or #4 as outlined above, must still complete the job related questions either online or manually (faxed) prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If you wish to complete them online, go to the 'apply online' button on the vacancy announcement. If you wish to complete them manually, print the full
occupational questionnaire directly from the vacancy announcement and complete and fax the 1203-FX form ( http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf ) to (478)757-3144.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. You may contact the servicing CPAC NAF DIVISION identified on the vacancy announcement for additional assistance.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
DUTIES: Back to top
Performs seasonal gardening tasks involved with preparing planting areas, laying
sod, watering, planting, transplanting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and
trees. Maintains flowers and seeded areas to ensure attractive appearance.
Applies fertilizers and chemicals. Reports atypical plants to supervisor. Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing seeds and plants at proper
depths. Skill in operating hand and power tools and equipment (seeders,
spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, and sprayers). Ability to
recognize obvious plant diseases, plant insects, and unusual or poor plant
growth. Knowledge of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to
read and follow directions in order to properly spray or dust with
Specific instructions are provided for each project to be done. Care is
exercised in handling seedlings and toxic materials. The supervisor provides
advice on new procedures and checks work to ensure that instructions have been
followed. Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and the pushing of carts and
wheelbarrows. Climbing is required to prune or trim vegetation. Lifts and
carries heavy objects such as bags of fertilizer, grass seed, etc. weighing up
to 50 pounds.
Work is done outside, possibly in rain or in uncomfortably hot and humid
conditions. Exposed to cuts and bruises from falls or from carrying materials
and supplies. Exposed to dirt, dust, mud, and sometimes to chemical sprays and
dust. Required wearing protective clothing such as gloves and safety
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Back to top
Conditions of employment:
1. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
2. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification check.
3. Successfully complete all required background checks.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
BENEFITS: Back to top
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include employee benefits. For additional benefits information go to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 4 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...