The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
These positions are located at the Courses of Clear Creek.
Performs seasonal gardening tasks involved with preparing planting areas, laying sod, watering, planting, transplanting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and trees.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- PCS Orders must be attached to claim Spouse Preference.
- A medical examination is required.
Performs seasonal gardening tasks involved with preparing planting areas, laying sod, watering, planting, transplanting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and trees. Maintains flowers and seeded areas to ensure attractive appearance. Applies fertilizers and chemicals. Reports atypical plants to supervisor. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE: Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing seeds and plants at proper depths. Skill in operating hand and power tools and equipment (seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, and sprayers). Ability to recognize obvious plant diseases, plant insects, and unusual or poor plant growth. Knowledge of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to read and follow directions in order to properly spray or dust with chemicals.
RESPONSIBILITY: Specific instructions are provided for each project to be done. Care is exercised in handling seedlings and toxic materials. The supervisor provides advice on new procedures and checks work to ensure that instructions have been followed.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and the pushing of carts and wheelbarrows. Climbing is required to prune or trim vegetation. Lifts and carries heavy objects such as bags of fertilizer, grass seed, etc. weighing up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done outside, possibly in rain or in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions. Exposed to cuts and bruises from falls or from carrying materials and supplies. Exposed to dirt, dust, mud, and sometimes to chemical sprays and dust. Required wearing protective clothing such as gloves and safety glasses.
Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing seeds and plants at proper depths. Skill in operating hand and power tools and equipment (seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, and sprayers). Ability to recognize obvious plant diseases, plant insects, and unusual or poor plant growth. Knowledge of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to read and follow directions in order to properly spray or dust with chemicals.
Conditions of employment:
1. Tour of duty may require evenings, weekends, rotating shifts, nights and holiday work hours.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency and Inquiries (NACI) will be initiated at the time of appointment to a NAF position.
5. Must demonstrate the ability to speak, read, write and understand English sufficiently to execute job requirements.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. A medical examination is required.
8. You will be required to complete DA Form 3433-1 upon appointment to a NAF position.
Application Link: https://cpolrhp.cpol.army.mil/eur/employment/naf/da3433-1.pdf
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) FLEXIBLE positions
do not include benefits .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...