Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
You can apply for this position using the following options (you must have a resume or use the NAF Optional Application http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureEdge/A3433.XFDL to apply):
1. Preferred - Apply electronically via USAJOBS - https://usajobs.gov . This will ensure faster processing of your application. You will also receive faster status updates.
Please upload all required documents. Uploaded documents will be processed through the system. You are encouraged to monitor your application status. *You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone for easy access and convenience!
2. Fax your resume (and supporting documentation) to (478)757-3144. The following link will take you to the cover sheet which must be included with the faxed resume or application http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf .
NOTE: Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process before they are available in the system for HR to view.
To complete the job related questions obtain the Form 1203FX by going to the following link http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf . This form must be faxed as a part of your application package for you to be considered for a job.
3. Mail or email your resume (or Optional NAF Application) to the point of contact listed on the vacancy announcement.
4. If you are in the area, you may drop off your resume in person to the servicing CPAC NAF Division.
You are highly encouraged to provide all supporting documentation prior to closure of the vacancy announcement. This will speed up the process to consider you for the job if you meet the minimum qualification requirements.
IMPORTANT!: Applicants that chose option #3 or #4 as outlined above, must still complete the job related questions either online or manually (faxed) prior to the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If you wish to complete them online, go to the 'apply online' button on the vacancy announcement. If you wish to complete them manually, print the full
occupational questionnaire directly from the vacancy announcement and complete and fax the 1203-FX form ( http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf ) to (478)757-3144.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating. You may contact the servicing CPAC NAF DIVISION identified on the vacancy announcement for additional assistance.
Position is located with Nagorski Golf Maintenance on Fort Shafter.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Local background and National Agency Check are required
- Medical examination is required upon selection
Supervisor provides specific instructions on how and when each project is to be
done. Work is checked after completion to ensure that instructions have been
Waters the Golf Course during the evening, day
or weekend. Maintains log of completed work for the next crew.
other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Ability to follow
written and verbal directions. Ability to move manual irrigation to water grass
evenly. Skill in using common gardening tools.
general supervision of the gardener leader who assigns working areas and
projects to be accomplished. Responsible for watering Golf Course by following
specific instructions given by the supervisor. Works unsupervised and all work
products are evaluated after completion.
Knowledge to perform the major duties described above.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required.
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification check.
4. Successfully complete all required background checks.
5. Work is done outside, possibility in rain or in uncomfortably hot and humid
conditions. Exposed to cuts and bruises from falls or from carrying materials
and supplies. Exposed to dirt, dust, mud, and sometimes to chemical sprays and
dust. May be required to wear protective clothing such as gloves and safety
6. Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping to move manual irrigation to
different dry areas on the Golf Course. May be tasked to carry heavy objects
such as bags of fertilizer, grass, seed, etc., weighing up to 50 pounds.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Flexible employees are not entitled to benefits unless converted to regular full-time or regular part-time positions. Conversion of employment category (from Flexible to Regular Part-Time or Full-Time) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include employee benefits. For additional benefits information go to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 18 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...