Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
**** Be sure to read the announcement very carefully, failure to submit all "Required Documents" will declare your ineligibility.****
This position is located at Leihehua Schofield Barracks.
Available to work Monday thru Friday weekends and holidays.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Physical examination is required after selection
Performs seasonal gardening tasks involved with preparing planting areas, laying sod, watering, planting, transplanting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and trees. Maintains flowers and seeded areas to ensure attractive appearance. Applies fertilizers and chemicals. Reports atypical plants to supervisor. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE:
Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing
seeds and plants at proper depths. Skill in operating hand and power
tools and equipment (seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning
shears, and sprayers). Ability to recognize obvious plant diseases, plant
insects, and unusual or poor plant growth. Knowledge of fungicides,
insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to read and follow directions
in order to properly spray or dust with chemicals.
Specific instructions are provided for each
project to be done. Care is exercised in handling seedlings and toxic
materials. The supervisor provides advice on new procedures and checks work
to ensure that instructions have been followed.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and the pushing of carts and wheelbarrows. Climbing is required to prune or trim vegetation. Lifts and carries heavy objects such as bags of fertilizer, grass seed, etc. weighing up to 50 pounds.
7. Work is done outside, possibly in rain or in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions. Exposed to cuts and bruises from falls or
from carrying materials and supplies. Exposed to dirt, dust, mud, and sometimes to chemical sprays and dust. Required
wearing protective clothing such as gloves and safety glasses.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
***Hand Powered Equipment
***Ability to follow instructions
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Conversion of employment category (from Flex to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 15 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...