Perform routine pruning, trimming, hedging, cleaning, shaping, and tree removals as needed, of all trees on property by means of climbing, boom lift, chainsaws, pole pruner, ropes and rigging, ground level, Etc.
Operate company vehicles and special equipment to travel between properties and motorized carts to travel on property.
Assist Gardeners to maintain grass, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilization, irrigation, transplanting, weed control or any other horticulture related duty on the property as needed.
Plan and administer proper fertilizers, insecticides and organic materials as needed.
Analyze and monitor all interior and exterior landscape, new and established, for evidence of disease or insect infestation and Plant Health Care (PHC).
Receives deliveries of materials and plants and maintains quality control.
Maintain and performs minor service and repairs on power equipment used by the landscape department, including lubricating equipment, adding fuel, oil and water when needed.
Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept clean and clear of any safety hazards.
- Mows grass, trims trees and shrubs, install plant material, monitor landscape irrigation.
- Distribute proper fertilizers, IPM or organic materials.
- Remove weeds, expired flowers, plant/transplants trees and plant material.
- Periodically examines all plants for evidence of disease or insect infestation.
- Rake, mulch and detail as needed.
- Install and repair basic irrigation components, automatic timers and valves.
- Pick and dispose of all debris, i.e. paper or leaves found in planter beds throughout the property.
- Performs minor service and repairs on power equipment used by the landscape department, including lubricating equipment, adding fuel, oil and water when needed.
- Ensures all equipment and work areas are kept clean and clear of any safety hazards.
- Knowledge to care for interior and exterior plant material.
- Performs other related duties and assists other trades as requested.
- Sod installation and repairs
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years experience in interior or exterior Horticulture.
- At least 3 years experience in Tree climbing operations.
- Possess knowledge of all exterior maintenance, plant and tree identification, insect identification and control, irrigation parts and installation, fertilizers, and landscape installation.
- Possess experience with large equipment a plus and able to operate power mowers, edgers, sprayers and chainsaws.
- Access all areas of the facility and use company vehicle to travel off property.
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other employees while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Possess mobility, prolonged balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, standing, twisting and walking without restrictions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 17 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...