Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
GCPS Senior Unix System Administrator
We primarily support NA Global Consumer Bank. Global Consumer Platform Services (GCPS) is responsible for over 2800 Solaris, AIX and Linux servers.
The GCPS team is part of Global Organization with colleagues and customers from all parts of the world, centres of Excellence where core staff will be based are in Irving Texas, Warsaw, Poland, Singapore and India.
The SA's provide Unix OS expertise for the hardware and OS installation and upgrade services. The SA’s are responsible for OS loads, upgrades and patches, security tool installation, monitoring and backups as well as maintaining audit and CISO standards, for annual COB testing and for ensuring the availability of the system for proper operation of business applications.
The SA will be involved in support phsyical and virtual servers utilising cloud and vmware systems. SA will help design and implement best in practice, reliable fault resistance infrastructure, utilising cluster and redundant designs.
UNIX platforms supported: IBM Aix Operating System, Red Hat Linux Operating System, IBM Zlinux Sun Solaris Operating System, Hewlett-Packard HP-UX Operating System
- Responsible to take ownership and drive multiple challenging tasks assignment across CTI EMEA GCPS teams
- Strong Red Hat Linux Admin on Standalone and VMware with VERITAS Cluster (VCS) experience.
- IBM AIX Operating System including clustering using HACMP
- Master IBM power6 and power7 technology, able to Install & Update HMC with corrective service package and the latest maintenance fixes; Obtaining and applying firmware updates to HMC and p servers;
- Creation of Virtual I/O (VIO server) LPAR through the HMC; able to create virtual Ethernet, virtual SCSI adapters and creation of VIO client adapters of lpar
- Performance tuning of db2 and oracle RDBMS
- Ability to trouble shoot netbackup problems
- Master sfrac (vcs) and hacmp cluster technologies; able to design and implement cluster required networking and san requirement; able to build sfrac and hacmp clusters; understanding different state of etherchannel technologies
- Familiar with EMC powerpath as well as VERITAS dmp
- Understanding Cluster file system and regular filesystems
- Able to trouble shoot cluster (sfrac and hacmp) crashes
- Unix Solaris Solaris 10 Operating Systems
- Solaris Cluster Version 3 and higher.
- Linux Operating System including Red Hat 5.6 and above
- Effective to use shell script to automate regular Unix admin tasks
- Document processes and projects effectively, utilize excellent communication skills to manage project and BAU tasks with stakeholders including project managers, storage teams, middleware teams and management.
- Knowledgeable on all aspect of Information Security
- Networking Fundamentals
- Adherence to all Citi Security roles and responsibilities which include:
- Acting in accordance with Citi’s information security policies
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Execution of particular security processes or activities o Ensuring responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken
- Reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation
- The role may include some overseas travel
- Experience of Unix Systems Administration with core strengths in one of RED HAT LINUX or AIX, advantageous to have other unix knowledge •
- Cluster Experience
- San Experience
- Experience of customer support in a time-critical environment
- Experience of a financial services environment highly desirable
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience of working in a heavily controls-focused environment highly desirable
- Advanced level experience in a Technology Infrastructure role with extensive experience in business, functional and people management
- Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Fluent written and spoken English Competencies
- Strong customer and colleague communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to react to a dynamic environment
- Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical approach
- Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative
- Must be a strong team-player and collaborator
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Citi - 12 months ago
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could...