has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA staff as a GDOT Liaison Project Manager.
In this role you will manage and supervise Construction Engineering Inspection contracts in Georgia. This entails the direct management and supervision of all Project Field Managers and Inspectors, as well as the responsibility to recruit and lead a workforce to accomplish program objectives and goals and reporting process to the CEI Group Manager and other Management Team members. Our ideal candidate will also market to GDOT and other Georgia CM clients with the goal of winning new contracts and foster existing clients within the GA Transportation CM market.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Actively pursues new Georgia/GDOT CM/CE&I project opportunities for the group by maintaining contacts with current and prospective clients; participates in the evaluation of new project opportunities and recommends go/nogo action to senior management for further consideration and approval.
- Identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems.
- Prepares write-ups of project approach and scope of work, project experience and staff qualifications along with the identification of potential teaming partners (prime consultants and subcontractors) and provides other information such as narratives and / or photographs for the Marketing Department to develop a final project proposal. This person must be knowledgeable of the current and future capabilities of the company to perform the required work.
- Recruitment and selection of personnel for each project and the establishment of pay rates for each position. The position is responsible for the recruitment and assignment of personnel, performance reviews, and the correction of performance problems.
- It also includes manpower and resource planning, problem analysis and resolution, overhead cost control, and client interaction and relationships.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, civil engineering, or related field is preferred. With Bachelor’s degree, seven years related experience including personnel supervision is required. With Associate's degree, fifteen years of related experience is required. Without a degree, seventeen years related experience is required.
- Engineering design experience desirable.
- Professional Engineer’s license is highly desired.