GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE is investing $1BILLION dollars to redesign our entire appliance line. The Adv. Manufacturing Tooling Initiatives Engineer will play a leading role in “Big Room” or Obeya collaborative team efforts to turn imaginative ideas into world-class consumer appliances. The Tooling Initiatives Engineer will team with R&D, operations, engineering, marketing, and manufacturing specialists with a specific emphasis on tooling for metal stamping processes.
- Provide detailed and comprehensive planning and implementation of Right-sized manufacturing equipment and processes including tooling for metal stamping processes.
- Lead advanced manufacturing engineering activities in support of current and future engineering changes. Actively engage in problem solving for metal stampings driving improvements in fit and function from parts produced off tooling.
- Work with product design to insure parts that can be manufactured.
- Specify, review and order molds and/or dies for manufacturing of component parts.
- Provide technical support and expertise to investigate, initiate and drive the development, procurement and implementation of equipment & processes for metal stamping.
- Lead Action Work Outs and Production Preparation Process (3P) to design and improve lean manufacturing processes, including; Right-sized equipment, Standard Work, Work Station Design and Layout, Material Presentation and flow routes, Supermarket Planning, Part Container Design & Single Piece Flow into all processes.
- Use 3P to plan, specify, procure, certify and implement into production, high quality, cost effective, right-sized manufacturing processes, fixtures and equipment.
- Some travel may be required 25%.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Minimum ten years manufacturing experience in metal stamping.
- Technical degree, tooling apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Significant hands on experience in manufacturing equipment including specification and procurement of dies.
- Ability to design auto cad drawings of tools
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Significant experience in manufacturing plant environment.
- Computer literate and skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Auto Cad and Outlook.
- Willing and able to travel if needed 25%.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
KEYWORDS: Appliance, appliances, washer, dryer, consumer appliances, refrigeration, dishwasher, air conditioner, consumer products, oven, medical device, Tier 1 automotive, automotive manufacturing, furniture, consumer electronics, automotive
- Bachelors in Engineering preferred.
- Significant experience in implementing Lean process improvements in manufacturing operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with both salaried and hourly personnel to meet the needs of the operators, the program and the business.
- Excellent project tracking and detailed planning skills required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher certification.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at work....