Purchase accounting – Record and reconcile all purchase activity originating from a source procurement system.
Treasury accounting – Ensure proper recording and reconciliation of banking activity for bank accounts.
Payroll accounting – Manage accounting processes to record and reconcile payroll related activity; liaise with payroll department to ensure propriety of accounting for employee pay, taxes, benefits, deductions and other payroll related items.
Managed outlet and entertainment and other related contractual relationships accounting.
For all leased tenant agreements: Maintain all rents are properly calculated and remitted timely, Ensure all non-rent financial obligations are properly billed and collected timely, Maintain that contractually obligated financial arrangements are properly calculated and accounted for, and Maintain that required financial elements are adjusted timely (rent adjustments, CPI, management fee percentages, etc.).
Capital accounting, fixed asset and other long term asset tracking, reporting and reconciliation.
Operational department accounting.
Maintain that all transactional activity is timely and accurately recorded in the general ledger.
Maintain all general ledger accounts are timely, accurately and consistently reconciled for all business units.
Maintain all related taxes are timely and accurately reported and remitted.
Maintain all necessary reporting is provided to all property finance related departments relying on financial data.
Maintain all accounting records and practices adhere to MGM Resorts International accounting policies and remain standard across all business units.
Maintain service level agreements with internal customers.
Develop and maintain effective communication and excellent relationship with internal customers (included but not limited to business units, operating departments, property CFOs, business partners) including ensuring their requirements are identified and consistently met.
Manage and participate in projects for systems implementations and/or processes related developments which are FSSC or externally initiated to ensure that GA requirements are met and/or work efficiently enhanced.
Consult with business and other resources to gain an understanding of industry trends and new initiatives. Make recommendations to Senior Management regarding best-practices including adoption of new trends and initiatives.
Maintain and enhance internal customer service through the implementation of reporting and processing improvements as well as promotion of service oriented approach within all functional responsibilities.
Manage the allocation of resources, performance and any competing requirements to meet internal customer expectations, SLA performance thereby enabling achievement of business case benefits realization.
Ensure all Accounting Process General Accounting personnel are adequately trained.
Complete timely financial close. Ensure accuracy of all closing entries in accordance with GAAP.
Determine and ensure adequate documentation of work procedures and identify potential improvements to work-flow involved in posting, summarizing, verifying, recording, balancing, reviewing and correcting transactions.
Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years specific accounting experience.
- At least 7 years supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Able to move people of all levels to action while managing day-to-day operations. Ability and desire to build and lead an effective, high performance team.
- Proven ability to successfully manage personnel including successful conflict resolution, succession planning and retention planning.
- Experience in working with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment managing multiple tasks, projects and personnel simultaneously. Ability to prioritize conflicting duties and maintain timeline integrity for projects and tasks.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented.
- Ability to lead a change management initiative while coordinating and guiding resources.
- Experience with continuous improvement activities and a strong desire to help implement lean enterprise initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner
- Well developed written, verbal and public presentation communication skills. Able to produce reports, memos, executive summaries and project plans. Ability to tailor communications for various audiences.
- Have initiative, strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Clear understanding of change management.
- Flexibility and ability to work within a fast growth environment with changing priorities.
- Successful participation in the development of a process improvement or automation project.
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), accounting practices and theories.
- Ability to prepare and fully analyze financial statements and related reports, and make recommendations and decisions based on financial data.
- Advanced knowledge of preparation and review of general ledger account reconciliations.
- Familiar with monthly, quarterly financial reports including financial reports; including Profit and Loss review.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management and/or equivalent work experience. (Equivalent experience must include a minimum of 5 years finance industry experience (industry included work in accounting, finance, general ledger or finance specific department), 4 years experience of closing the books, 4 years experience of reconciling balance sheet accounts, 3 years experience of reviewing financials (including balance sheet, reconciliations, financial reports), and major coursework in accounting, finance, economics or related field sufficient to successfully perform duties of role as described.)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including use of pivot tables, lookup formulas, conditional formatting, and advanced calculations/functions.
- Proven experience using financial mainframe applications including ability to import and export data to and from mainframe applications and Microsoft programs.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts financial systems. (Infinium, AS400, Showcase Strategy, Cognos Finance, Cognos Bi, ACL, Report Manager).
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...