Graduation from high school. Additional trade education including vocational training or apprentice level training is desirable. Experience in performing general maintenance work at the journeyman level; and possess the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
- Working knowledge of the methods and procedures of general maintenance trade work
- Knowledge of the hazards of general maintenance trade work and safety precautions required
- Ability to read blueprints and other drawings
- Skill in using the tools, equipment and materials of the general maintenance trade
This employee performs general maintenance work at the fully skilled level. An employee in this class is responsible for applying journeyman level skills to repair and maintain a variety of building systems, fixtures and equipment. Employees are normally assigned responsibility for two or more general categories of maintenance work such as electrical, plumbing, masonry, or carpentry. Employees follow established trade practices and applicable codes and regulations in performing their work.
- Maintains, repairs, or replaces, as necessary, flush valves, faucets, water piping, and circulation pumps
- Maintains, repairs, or replaces, as necessary, fluorescent light tubes, interior and exterior light fixtures; switches, receptacles, plugs; and ballasts
- Repairs doors, door locks, panic bars, dry erase boards, and bulletin boards. Builds shelves, cabinets, and temporary partitions
- Maintains, repairs, or replaces kitchen equipment including dish washers and warming and cooking equipment
- Performs roof repairs, and folding bleacher and grandstand repairs
- May lead a team of lower graded maintenance workers
- Performs related work as required
The General Maintenance Worker II reports directly to their assigned Maintenance Supervisor.
OUTSIDE APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR.
CURRENT LCPS CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEES MUST SUBMIT AN INTERNAL APPLICATION AND LETTER OF INTEREST FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Department of Personnel Services
Pay Level 13, Salary Range: $39,888 - $74,940
12 Month Position (Prorated), 8 hours per day
FROM - TO -
Loudoun County Public Schools - 9 months ago