Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment, buildings and grounds requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting and carpentry. Conduct spot removal of vegetation affecting the facility use and target visibility. Construct and repair foxholes, firing positions, and electrical target pits. Construct; emplace; and repair firing points and position markers, target boots and emplacements, and target media. Construct wooden target silhouettes of military equipment based on published specification data. Assist technician in the installation of equipment on military vehicles prior to live-fire exercise. Perform other tasks assigned by the Raytheon Management Team in a manner that enhances customer satisfaction.
- Possess the knowledge to be able to maintain targets; target pits; facilities; vehicles; tools; government and Raytheon equipment--prior, during, and after unit training missions.
- Possess a sense of how soldiers train and operate on a range complex.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs and wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Ability to perform duties in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wind) and heights (towers and phone poles).
- Willing to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be willing to perform duties at other Warrior Training Alliance locations world-wide as required.
- Will be required to work in compliance with OSHA and Raytheon safety policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Must be able to obtain a valid state driver’s license and maintain post-driving privileges.
High School diploma .
Vocational/technical certification in Computer Science, Electronics, or related field.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance up to the level of Secret.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) provides a full range of ISR, navigation, weather, cybersecurity, training, logistics, mission support and engineering solutions for the intelligence community, government and commercial customers. IIS, which operates at nearly 500 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $5.5 billion in 2012 revenues.
Raytheon - 9 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...