CDM Smith is looking to hire a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer with expertise in geotechnical engineering. As a member of our Geotechnical Division you could contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Perform routine and complex field exploration programs for a wide range project types.
• Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate field and laboratory services for a wide range of project types.
• Perform geotechnical engineering analyses and evaluations for earthwork/dewatering/excavation support, shallow/deep foundations, pipelines, dams/reservoirs/levees, solid waste, tunneling/micro-tunneling/pipe jacking, geo-environmental, and transportation projects.
• Write engineering reports and prepare contract documents.
• Oversee engineering services during construction on projects involving deep foundations, support of excavations, pipelines, and tunnels.
• Prepare scope, schedules and budgets for proposals.
• Manage projects, subcontractors, and geotechnical staff on multi-disciplined projects and work within multi-disciplined team environment.
• Demonstrate good communications skills and ability to work with clients in the public, private sectors and on federal projects.
Minimum of 10 years of experience since Bachelor’s degree. Master's degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Engineering emphasis required. License as a Professional Engineer (PE) required. Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents. Design experience with tunnel design for both soft ground and rock tunnels, sheeting and shoring design and risk management is a plus. Experience in dams, seismic design, or geo-environmental projects is a plus. Experience with project management and business development is a plus.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
CDM Smith - 18 months ago