**SALARY DEPENDS UPON EXPERIENCE**
Location: 300 S. McCormick St.
This full time temporary position provides a variety of basic nursing care for infirm geriatric residents and primarily assists in areas such as wound assessment, regulatory compliance, infection control, medication and treatment administration.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTORS:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of gerontological/geriatric practical nursing, and procedures of pharmacology and medications.
- Knowledge of federal, state and agency laws and regulations governing control and security of medications.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations.
- Skill in observing and assessing behavior and progress of patients.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Ability to handle physical exertion, mental and emotional stresses related to caring for infirm geriatric residents with varying degrees of physical and psychological disorders.
- Ability to establish interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to occasionally be scheduled and/or called in during non traditional work hours.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, work weekends, obtain a fingerprint card (within 20 days of hire), and subject to the state furloughs.
1) Possession of a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Arizona. A temporary permit may be accepted for appointment to this class but a license is a prerequisite for permanent status.
2) Successful completion of a medical/physical evaluation is required prior to appointment.
THIS POSITION IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT.
A temporary assignment is an appointment which recurs on a temporary or intermittent basis, and is limited to 1500 hours of employment per calendar year.
**All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification program.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including a top-ranked retirement plan, low-cost health and dental coverage, supplemental policies such as vision and short-term disability, and generous leave programs. Our work environment offers multiple training opportunities and encourages career development. To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: NSA
State of Arizona - 7 months ago