LOCATION: 300 S. McCormick St., Prescott, AZ
This position provides a variety of nursing care for infirm geriatric residents and/or patients; oversees and trains subordinate staff in specific patient care; observes and assesses patients' behavior and physical conditions; administers medical treatment and intervention according to care plan; acts as lead or performs limited supervision on an assignment.
Due to the position's lifting requirements, a post-offer physical is required prior to appointment.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
THIS POSITION IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT.
- Knowledge of gerontological/geriatric nursing theory and practices
- Knowledge of residents' condition and changing medical/physical/psychological care needs
- Knowledge of effects of the aging process
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of team nursing
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of developing treatment plans for resident/patient care
- Skill in professional nursing methods and techniques
- Skill in observing and assessing behavior and progress of patients
- Skill in applying and interpreting state and agency laws and regulations governing geriatric nursing practices
- Skill in developing and carrying out patient care plans within a team nursing concept
- Skill in oral and written communications
- Ability in physical exertion, mental and emotional stress related to caring for infirm geriatric residents with varying degrees of physical and psychological disorders
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
A temporary assignment is an appointment which recurs on a temporary or intermittent basis, and is limited to 1500 hours of employment per calendar year.
**All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification program.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including a top-ranked retirement plan, low-cost health and dental coverage, supplemental policies such as vision and short-term disability, and generous leave programs. Our work environment offers multiple training opportunities and encourages career development. To submit your resume for consideration, please hit the "APPLY" button below.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: NSA
State of Arizona - 16 months ago