The Group Exercise Instructor will lead members, in a group environment, through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised. The Group Exercise Instructor will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness.
• At least six months teaching in a group exercise format.
• Knowledge of safe exercise technique and group exercise principles.
• Knowledge of basic physiology and body mechanics.
• Performance of a variety of exercise routines.
• Positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment
• Instructors having a specialized skill such as Yoga, Pilates, Body Pump, Body Attack, etc. must provide verifiable proof of education.
• Minimum of 6 months teaching in a group environment.
• Group fitness certification by ACE, AFAA, ACSM
• Current CPR certification and basic first aid training is required.
• Physical demands include, but are not limited to the ability to lift light weights, bending, squatting, jumping, running, reaching, walking, hopping, spinning and kicking.
Gold's Gym - 11 months ago
Established in Venice, Calif. in 1965, Gold's Gym is the most recognized gym chain in the world with more than 650 locations in 37 states...