Ithaca College is accepting applications for a full-time, benefits-eligible position to maintain gift and pledge records within the Ithaca College alumni and development system (Advance) for over 10,000 donors annually in accordance with CASE guidelines and College policies and procedures. Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all tasks associated with gift processing. Maintain documentation for complex commitments and ensure that these commitments are accurately reflected in all reports. Work with the Office of Financial Services to ensure conformity to College auditing and accounting procedures. Maintain confidentiality of database records in accordance with College policies.
1. Process gift commitments in Advance. These commitments vary in complexity ranging from cash gifts to planned and deferred gift arrangements. Following established gift crediting guidelines, give proper credit to priorities and individual donors.
2. Match donor intent to appropriate gift account using documentation available. Research background information in preparation for gift or pledge entry to ensure proper crediting, which may include direct contact with donors, financial institutions and senior staff.
3. Assist other Advancement Services staff with data cleanup projects.
4. Coordinate a variety of activities with the Office of Financial Services to include review of daily balance sheets for each gift batch, all reconciliation activities, and the establishment of new gift accounts. Ensure conformity of gift records to College auditing and accounting procedures. Provide requested documentation to external auditors following fiscal year-end and as required.
5. Maintain all gift and pledge records for Ithaca College in accordance with College and CASE guidelines in the alumni and development database (Advance). Enter gift transactions to include cash, checks, gifts-in-kind, credit card payments. Enter pledge transactions to include multi-year commitments, deferred/planned gift arrangements, annual pledges, and phonathon pledges.
6. Ensure accurate and timely entry of gift and pledge data. Follow necessary security measures to ensure the confidentiality and privacy of donor financial information. Perform proper cash handling procedures to include the deposit of all checks and processing of credit cards.
7. Prepare matching gift forms for review and signature by the Director of Advancement Services. Research corporate matching gift policy as required.
8. Verify accuracy of gift and pledge information, and perform gift transaction record modifications when errors are found.
9. Assist in maintaining biographical information in Advance.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
Associates Degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum of 3 year’s experience. Accounting and/or bookkeeping experience required. Familiarity with gift accounting experience strongly preferred. Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle confidential information, establish priorities and meet deadlines, in-depth knowledge of various word processing, database, spreadsheet software applications and data retrieval tools is required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals should apply online at https://apply.icjobs.org/ and attach a cover letter, a resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references. Questions about online application may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -