ARCADIS is seeking a GIS Analyst for our Emeryville, CA office. The qualified candidate would work closely with GIS team, Engineers, Scientists, and Project Managers, functions as senior GIS analyst by providing technical leadership with applications of ArcGIS software and technology including geodatabase design, SQL Server, ArcSDE, and ArcGIS Server. The candidate will lead and assist on tasks associated with various subsurface investigation, remediation, and environmental project work, and will be asked to run complex spatial analyses related to environmental applications and assist with the preparation, reproduction and distribution of well designed maps, presentations, reports and other materials.
Qualified candidates will be required to perform a combination of the following tasks:
- Ability to independently manage tasks to a quality completion by utilizing resources within a team environment
- Effectively interfaces with a variety of non-technical and technical clients to assess GIS needs and implementation strategy within the GIS core discipline of environmental applications, which include but are not limited to remediation, permitting & planning, compliance, mining and oil & gas
- Coordinate to assure compliance with scope, schedule, budgetary, and quality requirements
- Use of ESRI ArcGIS 10.x in daily work specializing in the following areas: geoprocessing and spatial analysis, aerial imagery use, data management and distribution, design and creation of geodatabases, map production, and technology support and troubleshooting
- Produce different types of deliverables utilizing various software packages such as Microsoft Office, ESRI products, AutoCAD, Surfer, and other related software, and change work product to meet altered requirements
- Keep apprised of currently available software solutions and new technology, and understand the latest techniques
- Implements assigned tasks independently and provides direction to others. May lead teams of other support personnel.
- Demonstrates developed problem solving skills. Communicates goals and objectives to team members. Strong written and verbal communication skills for complex reports and presentations.
Minimum Years of Experience
5-7 years of GIS experience
Bachelor's degree in related field, GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Sciences, Engineering
Involvement with environmental data management
Previous experience in consulting industry
ARCADIS - 13 months ago
ARCADIS US is the US arm of Netherlands-based environmental and engineering services company ARCADIS. The company provides consulting,...