Are you an experienced GIS Analyst who enjoys working both independently and collaboratively? Catawba County is recruiting for a self-motivated, customer-service oriented GIS Analyst who would thrive in an innovative and creative governmental environment. In this position, you will provide analysis and mapping services to internal and external customers, maintain GIS data to insure accuracy and quality, and provide assistance and support with E-911 addressing functions. This position will work a flexible 36 hour per week schedule, with prorated benefits.
· This position is responsible for performing various GIS related functions to include designing, preparing and analyzing maps, and organizing and categorizing information. Provides analytical support and custom mapping support to County departments, agencies, and staff, as well as to our external customers.
· Duties will include managing information from County departments and outside sources, managing various projects from startup to completion, and providing essential mapping data in everyday and emergency situations.
· Assigns addresses as required by County Code and makes crucial decisions in maintaining the E-911 address database. Maintains an accurate Master Street Address Guide (MSAG), and maintains the Intrado E-911 Net database. Produces quality control reports and assists with the day to day addressing tasks.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Planning, Computer Systems, Math, or a related field and 2 years of experience in Geospatial Information Systems; OR
· An equivalent combination of education and experience
· Some experience in digital mapping, with ESRI’s ArcGIS software
· Ability to create, maintain, manipulate, convert, analyze, and interpret statistical and geographic data
· Self motivated and organized to work independently, yet strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Flexibility and adaptability in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
· Strong customer service orientation