The City of Chesapeake Information Technology Department is hiring a GIS Analyst to develop and integrate GIS-based enterprise solutions and services with business processes. This position also provides day-to-day GIS support to departments across the City. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining street centerlines and Fire/Police reporting districts for use within City's Computer-Aided Dispatch system.
- Supporting the geodatabase for the CrimeView system.
- Administering the geodatabase for the Customer Service Request system.
- Supporting spatial component of the City's asset management system.
- Lead for GIS integrations with Enterprise systems.
- Developing and administering public-facing web apps.
- GIS Team Leader during Emergency Operations Center activations.
Requires a bachelor's degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience in geographic information systems or a closely related field; Requires over four years of related experience.
Experience with ESRI's ArcGIS suite; web app development; Python or other scripting language; and good interpersonal communication skills
$50,842 - $78,805
To apply visit the City's Click system:
GIS Jobs Clearinghouse - 19 months ago