Support the development of Geographic Information System ( GIS ) databases, metadata, applications, maps, reports, queries, etc. to support the Utilities Department.
Special Notices to Applicants
1. Assist in designing and correcting Water and Wastewater digital maps for Utilities GIS .
2. Assist in planning, development, and administration of digital data sets.
3. Design and maintain current GIS databases, which are used by Engineering and Utilities for research and analysis for current and future development.
4. Prepare and maintain a wide variety of maps depicting water and wastewater facilities.
5. Respond to inquiries regarding water and wastewater with related information (size, age, location, etc) to all City Departments.
6. Scan (for digital archive) and research city and county water/wastewater plans and As-Builts.
7. Make occasional on-site observations and write field notes to interpret field information to digital maps.
8. Retrieve, add, and maintain information in various computer formats in support of the City of Odessa’s Geographical Information System ( GIS ).
9. Produce professional quality maps, map books and reports.
10. Perform other duties in support of the Utilities Department as assigned.