GIS and Geospatial
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Denver, CO staff as a GIS Analyst. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of GIS to transportation and floodplain mapping projects. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in ArcGIS.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Conducts data gathering, conversion and analysis of GIS data.
- Prepares data documentation or metadata for GIS projects.
- Prepares maps and exhibits with GIS data sets.
- Participates in client needs analyses.
- Maintains continued knowledge of technology developments in the GIS field and the use of GIS software.
- Monitors quality control within area of responsibility.
- Assists Senior GIS Analysts in certain aspects of project management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
**There is no relocation assistance associated with this opportunity** Local candidates will receive primary consideration.
- A B.S. or B.A. or M.S. in Geography, Computer Science or GIS related Environmental Discipline is required.
- Our ideal candidate will have between 2 and 5 years of experience.
- Experience performing GIS tasks on transportation and/or floodplain mapping projects is preferred.
- Good technical writing, analytical, and communications skills are essential, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access is required.
- Ability to work independently is required.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.