Terms: 3 Months Open-Ended Contract
Pay Rate: Negotiable based on experience and/or market rate.
Recognized across the organization for functional expertise. Combines technical expertise with business intelligence to enable GIS solutions in an effort to align information technology solutions with business strategy. Leads the analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and modification of complex automated geographic information systems, databases, software and equipment. Must be a focused, high-energy individual with technical expertise in GIS web development and ESRI products. Provides leadership and direction in developing and implementing GIS systems and strategies to achieve business objectives within set deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
• Leads in designing, developing, and maintaining highly complex internal customer facing GIS Web applications through concept, design, and implementation phases to consume new web enabled GIS functionalities (using the latest relevant techniques and best practices).
• Works closely with other developers to design and develop technically advanced or in-depth software components for the management, manipulation, and display of a wide variety of graphic and image data.
• Tests topology for structure and accuracy of spatial data components of the centerline file, parcel polygons, other polygon datasets assuring sound principles of topology.
• Effectively presents, communicates, and articulates technical information to all levels of the organization (including but not limited to technical and non-technical audiences, outside vendors, Senior Leadership and Executive Leadership).
• Leads in bringing excellent software via a web browser.
• Creates highly complicated software components that follow industry-standard design patterns, development methodologies, and deployment models.Will coach and mentor less-experience personnel or act as team leader on more complicated systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree, in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study. Ten years of previous experience required. An additional four years of related experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Business Administration and twelve or more years of related experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technically advanced or in-depth knowledge or skills in one or more of the following required:
• Understanding of the Adobe Flex framework and experience design GIS based applications on it
• Experience as a GIS Administrator used as part of a routing and logistics solution.
• Experience in enterprise systems implementation using ESRI suite of products including ArcGIS Server 9.x, ArcIMS 9.x/4.x/3.x, ArcSDE 9.X, ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo.
• Spatial database design using Oracle / SQL Server and ArcSDE.
• Understanding and implementation experience of SOA (Service oriented Architecture).
• Experience with Enterprise applications architecture and design.
• Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
• Ability to present information, analysis, ideas, and positions in a clear and convincing manner to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
• Ability to lead a group to consensus, solve problems, and accomplish tasks.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and anticipate needs along with ability to operate and promote an environment of teamwork.
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Strong organization skills, ownership and accountability.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
May require technically advanced or in-depth skills in one or more of the following:
• Knowledge on other GIS platforms such as MapInfo, Geoserver, etc.
• Knowledge with Microsoft Bing Maps and Google Maps.
• Experience in the Transportation and/or Routing and Logistics industries.
Objectwin Technology Inc - 20 months ago
ObjectWin Technology, Inc. is a full service Information Technology solutions provider specializing in e-business, ERP and CRM...