Under direction from the GIS Director, the GIS Analyst will be responsible for performing technical and analytical operation of the Geographic Information System running the ArcGIS software suite.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to map development and data maintenance for over 50,000 acres of citrus as well as providing GIS support to company business units. Other responsibilities are as follows:
1. Will be responsible for map creation, development and publishing on hard copy and web/mobile platforms.
2. Collecting, maintaining, mapping and analyzing spatial data relevant to all Paramount Citrus properties; including legal property boundaries, ranch infrastructure, hydrologic systems, soils, environmental impact, and individual tree coverage.
3. Performing GIS analysis and generating reports relative to current, historic and proposed farming practices, land development, administrative organization, supply chain and resource planning.
4. Provide technical assistance in areas involving land title and related issues including use of legal documents and descriptions.
5. Communicating and interacting with GIS practitioners at other Roll Global companies as well as public agencies and private companies.
BA/BS in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field. A degree in an unrelated field and completion of a GIS certification program may be substituted.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience using the ArcGIS suite. ArcGIS Desktop is required. ArcGIS Server experience is preferred.
- Working experience with database management systems (Oracle, Access or SQL Server) and Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Possession of valid California driver's license and acceptable driving record is required.
Paramount Citrus - 2 years ago