We currently have a GIS Analyst position open in N. Phoenix, AZ.
With minimal direction, this position utilizes GIS technology to fulfill field and corporate-wide needs to analyze routine routing efficiencies, revenue and profit opportunities as well as to report upon historical performance. This position will play a key role in refining existing usage of GIS and suggesting additional, practical and beneficial uses.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary .
- Using GIS technologies and practices, creates, manages, and converts geo-databases and coverage’s into other file formats for internal system use.
- Performs spatial analysis through SQL and spatial queries.
- Performs data cleansing and manipulation to manage the inflow of updates to large databases and ensure data integrity. Writes SQL queries using Microsoft Access, MapInfo, Excel, to facilitate the analysis and reporting of data.
- On a regular basis, this role performs extensive quality control checks of GIS Data and non-spatial databases with minimal supervision to ensure data integrity
- Collects data through interaction with municipal and 3 rd party vendors, much of which is unsupervised and self-directed.
- Analyzes revenue and profit opportunities and reports upon financial performance.
- With direction and review from department leadership, communicates the results of revenue and profit opportunities to field based personnel and various levels of corporate leadership. This includes developing internal presentations and reports.
- Technical support and administration for in-house GIS based routing software, Route Editor Plus.
- Auditing customer base through GIS based analysis.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title: GIS Analyst and Job #: CORP-OPS-12013.
- Knowledge of database management and geographic information systems as normally obtained through the completion of a BA/BS in Geography/Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science, MIS, and Planning or a closely related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel as demonstrated by the ability to write formulas, macros and manipulate data for analysis and reporting purposes.
- An intermediate familiarity with PowerPoint is required.
- 2+ years experience performing geographic analysis is required.
- Requires experience with large databases and the management of such databases to perform activities as described above.
- Ability to perform spatial analysis through SQL and spatial queries;
- Ability to perform quality control checks of non standard GIS data and do so with the highest degree of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with on time delivery and superior communication.
- The ability to write visual basic scripts, complex formulas, and mastery of pivot tables and construction of complex macros is preferred.
- Ability to create, manage, and convert geo-databases and coverage’s into other formats.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Access is preferred. This includes writing queries, and developing semi-automated and automated reports and forms.
- Demonstrated experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C#, Python, MapBasic, Visual Basic.
Going Green for the Environment.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...