Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• B.S. in Geography/Environmental Science or equivalent
• Knowledge of GIS Analysis, Geospatial Data Management, and Cartography
• Strong proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS Suite of Products
• Qualified applicant who is offered a position must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is seeking a creative, highly talented GIS Analyst for immediate employment in the Albuquerque office. We are seeking candidates who are self- starters with a strong work ethic, take ownership of tasks, follow tasks through to completion, have good communication and listening skills, understand the importance of team collaboration, and have a high attention to serving clients, providing quality work products and meeting schedule. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in geospatial analysis, geospatial data management, cartography, and quality assurance and quality control.
URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The successful candidate can look forward to projects serving federal, state, local, and tribal entities: Projects include flood hazard mitigation production and analysis for FEMA's Risk MAP Program and for various tribal entities, GIS solutions and application support for the creation of an ESRI Enterprise GIS solution, and geospatial data management support for a wide variety of environmental and engineering projects.
In addition to this exciting job opportunity, Albuquerque enjoys at least 310 days of sunshine per year, a full four seasons, outdoor activities for people of all ages, and a relatively low cost of living. Additionally, Albuquerque is one of the 2012 Top 10 Value Cities in the U.S. according to Hotwire.com. Albuquerque was ranked 15th in Bloomberg Businessweek's 2011 Americas 50 Best Cities. Please visit the website below to see a full list of awards that Albuquerque enjoys: http://www.itsatrip.org/albuquerque/whats-new/top-ranking.aspx
Candidate Roles and Responsibilities:
- GIS analysis and map production for a wide variety of engineering and environmental projects
- Proactive research, analysis, and evaluation of geospatial solutions
- Performance of quality assurance and quality control procedures
- Development and maintenance of metadata
- Effective communication with internal and external clients regarding GIS requirements
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and effectively manage working on various projects simultaneously under deadlines
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Efficiency in completing tasks, to ensure jobs are completed on schedule and under budget
URS Corporation - 8 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...