Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, planning, engineering, computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in Geographic Information System design, mapping and analysis (beyond schooling).
- Master's degree in related discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience.
- PhD degree in related discipline can substitute for up to three years of work experience.
- Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience
- Alaska Residency at the time of hire
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS v10 Desktop as well as extensions Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrate proactive problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to provide GIS support to multiple environmental and engineering projects across Alaska.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Responsible for cross-discipline support associated with environmental and regulatory work.
URS is one of the largest, global, fully integrated engineering, construction and technical services firms with the capabilities to support the full project life cycle. We offer a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering; a broad range of science and technical services; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. Our business lines encompass private sector (mining, oil and gas, power, pipeline, commercial-industrial, manufacturing, and chemical-Pharmaceutical); infrastructure (surface transportation, rail and mass transit, aviation, ports and harbors, and water resources, treatment, and distribution); and federal programs. With more than 50,000 employees in a network of offices in major cities throughout the Americas, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Europe, our broad-based expertise is a valued resource for federal, state and local government agencies, as well as Fortune 500 and other private industry clients worldwide.
- Work with internal and external clients to develop GIS data and map products per project and client guidelines.
- Gather, develop, and synthesize geospatial information from multiple sources and projection/coordinate systems.
- Create, analyze, report, convert or transfer data using GIS software.
- Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality or completeness of documentation and metadata.
- Possess strong attention to detail and aptitude for quality assurance.
- Responsible for completion of GIS metadata following client and/or corporate standards.
- Participate in business development tasks such as proposal writing and marketing as needed.
- Organize and present tabular data supporting electronic map data.
- May collect field data and support/troubleshoot GPS for field crews.
- Provide technical consultation in geographic information sciences to internal staff as well as external clients.
- Participate in training and other professional development activities to maintain excellence in GIS technology.
URS Corporation - 20 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...