Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients. |
Critigen is looking for a GIS Developer in the Virginia Beach, VA office. The selected candidate will become part of our Spatial Development team creating innovative solutions for the environment, defense, private industry, and public sectors. He/she will work in collaborative project teams and be responsible for the development and delivery of high-quality GIS solutions, including desktop, web-based, and mobile software application development. Development will focus on Esri ArcGIS Server deployments along with other geospatial technologies.
As a member of the Enterprise Spatial Solutions team, the spatial developer will also work with our technology group to help monitor, evaluate, upgrade, and troubleshoot our delivery technologies, including hardware and software
- Education: BA/BS in Geography, Cartography, Information Technology, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering or GIS related field
- Years of Experience: At least 5 years of experience with Esri ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, and ArcObjects development. Experience with current release (ArcGIS Server 10) preferred.
- Working knowledge of and development experience against the following database technologies: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access, PostGres. Proficiency using SQL required.
- Working knowledge of information technology infrastructure and related concepts including server hardware, server virtualization, common operating systems, mobile devices, and computer networking.
- Knowledge of other GIS vendors/technologies and open source stacks will be considered a plus, however the ability to quickly learn new technologies will be required: Google, Bing, Open Layers, Orion OnPoint, GeoCortex IMF, DNN, Drupal.
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- The ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Good communication skills
- A proven ability to deliver projects and tasks on time and within budget
- Ability to get a security clearance, if and when needed
- United States Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred
- Some travel may be required
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Critigen - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard