GIS Developer # 12-247
Project Performance Corporation (PPC) is a technology and management consulting firm delivering innovative IT, Knowledge Management and Sustainability Solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of information technology professionals, project management experts, scientific and technical experts, and legal and regulatory specialists dedicated to providing fully integrated solutions. As an independent consulting firm, we offer impartial, in-depth discovery and analysis resulting in unbiased solutions that emphasize increased quality, efficiency and effectiveness for our clients. With offices in the DC Metropolitan Area we serve Fortune 500 decision makers and Federal, State and local government agencies throughout the U.S.
The GIS Developer will support the implementation and long-term maintenance of a federal government agency’s business intelligence and reporting applications. The developer will work with the reporting team to design and create a warehouse of data from multiple sources, develop a visual interface displaying current and historical data in a map using a Geographic Information System (GIS). The mapping application will collect data and overlay information to include weather impacts, travel times and costs.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ year’s experience creating ArcGIS Server based mapping services and using ArcSDE and ArcGIS for Desktop
- 2+ year’s experience with ArcMap Tool Development using ArcObjects in a VB.NET and/or C# environment
- 1+ years’ experience with Oracle & Oracle Spatial
- Experience working with business users to gather requirements and translate to technical solutions
- GISP certification
- Familiarity with Esri based Geoprocessing services and/or Web Processing Services (WPS)
- Responsive design understanding and/or experience
- Web service experience using SOAP and/or JSON
- Familiar with GML, RSS, GeoRSS, GeoJSON and other OGC Standards
- Familiar with ArcGIS Online and/or Esri Geoportal
- Knowledge of Bing Maps, Google Maps, Google Earth, ArcGIS Explorer Desktop, and/or OpenLayers
- Active government background investigation (LBI, MBI, or SSBI)
- Experience working on site with a federal government customer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Project Performance Corporation is an innovative management, policy, and technology consultancy. As Plumtree's first licensed partner, PPC...