Plans, directs, and coordinates activities in IT fields such as electronic data processing, information systems technology, and electronic security. Oversees the development and implementation of IT projects and initiatives. Directs subordinate supervisors and staff.
Minimum Training & Experience: Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of directly related supervisory/management experience Or Four years of directly related supervisory/management experience
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFCATIONS
- Work experience with each of the phases of an IT system development life cycle (SLDC) within a software development/project management methodology.
- Extensive professional experience managing complex IT related projects or professional level IT personnel.
- Work experience in of one of the following subject areas: Systems Architecture/Design, System Integration, Server Administration, Network Administration, Database Development/Administration, Data Warehousing/Data Mart Development/Administration, Application/System Development, GIS Development/Administration, Business Intelligence Reporting and Analytics, Systems Engineering or Project Management.
- Formal Project Management training.
- Experience/training with Oracle Primavera project scheduling software or similar equivalent.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service, developing stakeholder buy-in, and improving the customer experience.
- Experienced in building effective work teams, developing teamwork, instilling cooperation, and effectively coordinating activities.
- Demonstrated ability to train, direct and evaluate team members; able to manage a diverse workforce, provide feedback, coach staff, and implement corrective action.
- Demonstrated experience delivering results within projected schedule, costs, or specification; improving productivity/efficiency to accomplish team goals/objectives.
- Accepts responsibility for the team and their actions; is accountable for the performance and quality of the IT system.
- Exercises judgment in decision making and experienced in developing viable solutions within constraints.
- Knowledgeable in business process improvement, systems re-engineering, or workforce development/transformation.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development or continuous learning.
- Demonstrated experience in using creativity to develop new ideas, solutions, or methods.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct.
- Ability to work on-call, after hours, or on weekends as required for system deployments, maintenance, or upgrades.
- Four-year degree in an IT related field.
- Possession of a Project Management Professional Certification from Project Management Institute, or equivalent project management certification.
- Possession of Oracle (OCA, OCP or OCM), SQL Server (Microsoft's MCTS or MCITP) Database Certifications, or equivalent database certification.
- Possession of GIS Professional (GISP) or Esri Technical Certifications.
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
Georgia Careers - 10 months ago