Responsible for delivery of GIS products and services, client satisfaction, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management and project profitability. Project markets include infrastructure, process and facilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans, directs, and coordinates GIS activities in support of engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
· Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
· Directs and coordinates activities of GIS Analysts to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
· Initiates and reviews proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
· Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned. Informs Principal-in-Charge of potential opportunities to market Jacobs services.
· Develops, reviews and monitors financial and project delivery schedule activities.
· Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to deliver projects within established budget restraints.
· Performs technical analysis and production when necessary to meet project commitments.
· Provide leadership and strategic planning to develop GIS capabilities, expand markets and develop a virtual GIS practice.
Training and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in GIS or related field is required
· Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience is required
· Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively deliver and manage projects.
· Working knowledge and familiarity with ESRI and other major GIS platforms.
· Must have developed the following skills; engineering principles, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
Other Essential Functions
Affirmative Action/Employment Opportunity
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Last Updated By
No results found.
Jacobs - 17 months ago
Jacobs Engineering fuels its rise up the ladder with oil, gas, and chemicals. The group provides technical, professional, and construction...